t w e n t y n i n e

Start from the beginning

"What's the plan?" 

- - - 

Presley stood with her back flat against the fence, her blue eyes looking back and forth quite frantically. The plan had been simple,but that didn't mean it would be easy. 

"Let me go. I'm fastest." Glenn urged Presley. She ignored him and lowered the gun, now only waiting for the whistle.

"No, Glenn." She said simply, avoiding his gaze.

"Pre-."

"No, damnit." She hissed, now glaring at him. "You have something to go back to: Maggie. Don't you dare get blind sided with revenge and try to be the super hero. This isn't a comic book, Glenn." She said, glancing over her shoulder when she heard the whistle. "Boost me up."Without another complaint, Glenn laced his fingers. With a grunt he was able to lift her up to the top of the building, where she rolled onto it safely on her stomach. With much caution, she crawled over to the edge of the building and peered down. A few buildings away, Stefan was camped out where she would go, where Daryl was mosty likely being held. Posted on another building right across from her was Rick with a sniper. A few people would hop down from buildings and make a clear way for her to get to the building.

She was going into this knowing that it could be a suicide run. 

She crawled back to the edge of the building, offering a hand to Glenn. He struggled to get up, having to use the window sill to help himself. She winced when he let out a rather loud grunt, glancing around to make sure that nobody had heard it. She crawled away when he was mostly on, looking at Rick for the cue. The man waited until Glenn was at her side before he gave her the thumbs up.

- - -

Daryl's cheek stung from the force of the Governor's blow. The taste of metallic blood in his mouth told him that his nose was bleeding as well.

"Tell me, Daryl." Governor said, gripping Daryl's chin with a harsh grip. "Where's the girl.

Daryl huffed, his stubbornness not allowing him to reveal that Presley had ran off, and probably wasn't coming back. For once, he was glad that she did. It could be her enduring this rather than himself, and he wouldn't be able to handle that... It would be torture worse than the stuff he was enduring now.

Gunfire reached his ears, relieving him a tad. The Governor frowned, pulling a black walkie talkie from his waist. "What the hell was that?"

"We're under attack, I repeat, we're under attack. People everywhere- girl running through the place. Nobody gets the chance to touch her." There was a slight pause. "I just got word it's that girl you had prisoner here a while back."

The Governor frowned, shoving away the walkie talkie and turning back to Daryl. "You're proving to be more trouble than you're worth." He grumbled, pulling his pistol from his holster and walking quite quickly out of the room. His presence was replaced by one of his men, who wore a worried expression.

Daryl's wrists strained against the rope binds, knowing that anybody could burst through here at any minute. He was relieved. Why? Because Presley had come back... But he was also scared out of his mind. What if she got hurt, or captured again? His fear of having that happened was what gave him this rush... Not that he was able to do anything, of course.

Only ten minutes after the Governor had left and posted a new man at the door, there was a loud banging on the door. The man, alarmed, turned towards Daryl and pulled out a switchblade. Before Daryl could say anything, the cool metal was pressed to his throat. By the time the door swung open, Daryl's head was being held back by his hair. A gun was first raised at Daryl's head, and then the man behind him.