Loki- Samuel

You were right

Loki sighed softly , he was currently in the living room of his and Darcy's apartment leaning back on the couch with his eyes closed . Darcy had left him alone with their teenage son Samuel for the weekend while her and Jane went out of town for a "girls weekend' 

He had agreed to let her go and the 'enjoy herself' but now as he was listening to his 16 year old who was running on a hour of sleep because he decided to do a big school project which was due on Friday on Thursday  not to mention a soccer game Friday night as well as Saturday morning so now it was Sunday night and he still hadn't fallen asleep yet so he decided he would  argue and complain about anything and everything in the world making Loki was regretting that his decision of agreeing to let her go  thankfully Darcy would be home that night .

Don't get him wrong he loved his son with all his heart and he would die for him but right now he was exhausted not so much physically but merely mentally he had no idea how Darcy was able to juggle being a wife , a mother and having a job. because Loki was struggling  just taking care of their son for three days. 

slowly he opened his eyes and lifted his head looking at his 16 year old lay on the floor hoodie hood pulled all the way up on his head,his cat Milo was laying in the middle of his back sleeping,thankfully he had stopped arguing and complaining but that was replaced with a pitiful look, from his son  which made his heart ache . "Dad, when is mom coming home?" he asked groggily blinking the sleep out of his eyes.

"tonight or tomorrow morning, darling why don't come up onto the couch and you try and get some  sleep ." he replied softly careful not to be loud to give his son or cat a fright hoping he would agree but he knew his son was stubborn like his mother.

Samuel shook his head looking towards the door and just stared at it "i cant , its a rule that if your pet is sleeping on you , your required by law not to move ." he mumbled half of it into the floor.

he chuckled shaking his head, slowly he stood up and gently pushed Milo off of his back before picking Samuel off the ground and towards the couch "Okay , you don't have to sleep , how about we just watch one of those movies you like so much." he offered looking at him . 

he was about to protest till he realized it was pointless so he sighed nodding , once Loki and him were settled on the couch Samuel curled up next to Loki laying his head down on his lap yawning slightly 

Loki smiled softly running his fingers through his sons hair humming softly as he tried to find something for them both to watch "you know when you where sick as a child i would comb my fingers through your hair all the time , you would always relax and fall asleep within minutes."he chuckled softly and continued to coddle him .

Samuel sat up quickly batting his hand away giving him a mean glare that looked worse then his. he  crossed his arms with a huff "Dad ! I'm 16 years old , i don't need you to baby me! I'm fine okay leave me alone and stop coddling me " he snapped moving away from him.

"Samuel , I am your Father its my job to coddle and worry about you."he sighed baffled at the sudden outburst he was hoping that this tantrum wouldn't last long 

"well don't that's moms job not yours , you aren't here enough to do that ! I'm not going to go to sleep till mom gets home okay!" he asked his eyes looked heavy as if begging Loki to make them close so they wouldn't have to stay opened any longer 

Loki shook his head looking at his hand held device to see if Darcy had text him.  Sadly she didn't which probably meant she was too busy which means he's on his own with their moody teenager .

he sighed turning so he was facing him giving him a serious and stern look "you don't get to make that decision i do ,and if i want to be able to coddle you and try to help you fall asleep then that is what i am going to do. and this 'you aren't here enough to do that' attitude wrong and you know it . you know why i have to leave sometimes and we talk about this many times , so stop acting like a moron because you are not one! and I am your father and you will show me respect " he suddenly shouted sounding like he was angry with him but in reality he was just frustrated he regretted shouting at his son quickly when he saw the look