Hawkeye - Miles

(this story was requested by myself, sorry i am lame and had a idea )

Miles laid on his back on his bed looking at the ceiling his room was only light up by his night light he keep by his door so his German Shepard Lucky would be able to see  his navy blue walls somehow seemed darker then normal, it was currently 2 in the morning . He was waiting for his dad to return from a mission, his dad was suppose to be back the night before but never came home or called so the 9 year old decided to stay up and wait for him .

he slowly stood up putting his hearing aids in and walked out of his bedroom lucky close by his side, he frowned seeing a light on down stairs in the kitchen . he grabbed his toy bow and arrows just in case he had to use it on a intruder , slowly he crept down the stairs bat placed on his shoulder his heart pounding gently in his chest . 

He looked into the living room then into the kitchen , he broke out into a huge grin seeing Clint sitting at the table eating some cereal.  "Dad?"

Clint looked over and smiled waving him over "hey bud ,  what are you doing up so early?" He asked swallowing the bit of cereal he ate

Miles smiled walking over sitting next to him . He stole a bit of his cereal shrugging "just wasn't tired , how was your mission?" He asked leaning back

"1) my food get your own and 2) mission was fine just a simple thing . How was school? Did you ace that math test?" Clint asked moving the bowl away from miles .

He sighed shaking his head "I got the test taken away and ripped up , I forgot to bring my hearing aids , so I didn't hear the teacher say to begin or end , so they thought I was cheating " he shrugged getting up

Clint frowned "That's not right , want me to go talk to them ?" He asked trying not to get upset knowing Miles hated it when he acted that way.

"No , mom took care of it ,  I retook it yesterday , but let's just say mom stayed with me while I took it again, "he said sounding embarrassed . "she packed my lunch and ate with me . "

Clint fought back the urge smirk and tease miles, but by the looks of how exhausted and frazzled miles looked he desired against it . "she didn't write you a note did she?"he asked afraid of what the answer would be. by how silent miles was he figured she did . 

Miles grabbed his lunch bag and gave it to Clint sitting down on the floor letting lucky lay on his lap. Clint looked at  the note and winced seeing what his wife wrote .

'i am so proud of you, remember no matter what remember your still our baby boy. 

and we are proud of what ever you do i love you so so much '

love mama

Miles looked up shaking his head "you can laugh i know you really want too." he said calmly laying his head on top of lucky's "trust me everyone laughed at me and  so did Oliver "he said mentioning his best friend. 

"me ha never i would never laugh at  you." he said getting up and sitting next to his son gently putting a arm around him "we are men , we don't laugh at each others misfortunes."

he shrugged "mom is so embarrassing why does she keep doing that ?i'm not a  baby anymore."  he said crossing his arms 

Clint nodded squeezing his shoulders gently" I know your mom can be embarrassing , but that's just what moms do they care and worry for us but they also love and embarrass us. trust me do you know how many times your mom has embarrassed me in public and in front of my boss?"

Miles looked at Clint shaking his head "but you never get embarrassed dad , what did mom do?" he asked moving closer to him . he yawned slightly laying his head back 

Clint pulled him onto his lap holding him close "well , when we first started dating i took her out to this fancy restaurant that was way to fancy for us , anyways i was telling her some story i cant remember what i was telling her but you know how when she laughs really hard she snorts ?" 

he gasped "she did that !"

Clint couldn't help but laugh "yep , louder then i imagined but you know what i wouldn't change her , because i realized quickly after i couldn't live without her . so yeah moms are embarrassing  but we still need them because with out moms who would tell us to go to bed ?" he asked standing up holding Miles in his arms 

Miles wrapped his arms around Clint's neck laying his head down on his shoulder "That's true but I'm not tired."he said yawning  rubbing his eyes snuggling closer to Clint.

"not tired huh? well i am so lets just go upstairs "he smiled softly picking up the toy bow and arrow set "come on lucky" he said carrying Miles up the stairs to his bedroom

Miles hugged him tightly nodding "Dad, do you think mama is mad at me now ?" He asked forcing his eyes open .

Clint smiled softly shaking his head "no , of course not she could never be mad at you ever . I bet she is planning the next thousand notes she's going to be putting in your lunch bag "he said sitting on the bed gently laying Miles down .

Lucky hopped on to the bed and laid behind Mile's. And Miles just laid his head down on lucky yawning again. "You really think so ?"

"Oh yeah she is , she keeps a note book with a bunch of ideas to write to you." He said gently covering him up .

He smiled widely "really? Like what?" He asked hugging his blanket .

"Well she probably writing about how cute your eyes are or how much she loves your hugs when she is sad " he replied watching him , the more he spoke the lower his voice got.  And the lower his voice got the faster Miles doesed off .

He smiled softly slowly standing up but he couldn't because Miles had a tight grip on his hand , Clint sighed laying next to him "watch out Lucky "he said gently moving lucky out of the way .

Miles curled up in his dad's arms head on his chest he took a deep breath then let it out staying there . 

He smiled holding him close ,  once Clint closed his eyes be fell asleep happily holding his son and dog on his legs . 

Little did the boys know someone was watching them , Lauren Clings wife stood by the door watching them happily "my boys " she whispered before walking back to her room .

(A/n: hey guys I'm back , so I had a idea were I would do some chapters like th is if you requested it , if you would like a chapter likw this pm me or comment, just tell me the parent , name , age and scene you want . I hope you like this and thank you for all your kind words it has been a week and 3 days since my grandma passed and we are doing fine , thanks for the thoughts and prayers love you all so so much!!!)