Chapter 18: The Darkest Light

Author's interference

If you see this "F/P", it means your pattern design. Enjoy!

3rd P.O.V (City)

Y/N: Hiah!

You swinged Tempest at a giant dragon and it flinched in pain. The girls were behind you ready to support you when needed.

Y/N: Vert, it's all yours!

Vert: Leave it to me! Kinestra Slash!

Vert dashed forward and passed through the dragon. She made a stop and multiple slashes appeared on the dragon's body. The dragon couldn't take anymore hits making it disappear. You walked towards the rest of the group and they made their weapon disappear into thin air. Luna didn't revert back although there were no one nearby thanks to the monster that scared them away.

Y/N: Good job out there girls.

Neptune: All we've been doing was hunting monsters recently. And they just keep appearing one after another.

Noire: We don't have much of a choice. Our Oracles are doing their best in maintaining our nations but not for long.

Blanc: That's why we have to find the catalyst of this phenomenon and fast.

Y/N: Right. Another reason is because the town's annual festival is coming too.

Nepgear: Festival?

Y/N: It's a tradition this town has. We wear kimonos and walk around the streets enjoying the stalls they have setted up. We don't want monsters rampaging in while we're having our fun.

Neptune: Still, these monsters are endless.

Y/N: That's what you think but the monsters' spawning rate has been decreasing lately.

Ram: That means our hard work is paying off.

Rom: Yay...

The group celebrated this tiny step towards their goal. You all decided to return back to your house since there's quite a few things to do before the festival starts.

Timeskip (L/N Residence)

The festivities is just a day away. But you couldn't find the clothes for it. It's not a necessity but you thought it would be better if you all didn't stand out too much wearing your normal clothes. You had yours from last year so you're out of the list.

While wondering where to order a kimono at this time, you were given a surprise visit by two person you did not expect.

Mom & Dad: SURPRISE!!! Look who's here!

You all who were seated at the living room stared at them in surprise. What surprised you though was how they were able to come in all of a sudden. They didn't have the password nor the keys to enter.

Y/N: How in the name of hell did you guys come in here?!

Dad: Plot purposes!

Y/N: What the fuck...

Neptune: I feel like I'm losing my purpose...

At least your parents didn't mind your foul mouth. They brought along a big luggage bag coloured in blue. They entered the house as if they were the ones who owned it. The rest of you just kept staring at them in shock.

Mom: Don't just stare at us. We've brought something special for the girls.

The girls looked at each other first wondering what they had in store for them before going to your mom. She opened the luggage and and in there was kimonos.