Chapter 17: Date (Nepgear)

Nepgear's P.O.V (L/N Residence)

Nepgear: Zzz...

Outside of my dream world I could hear someone calling out to me. A girl presumably but it was muffled so I couldn't tell. As time kept on passing, the voice became clearer and it sounded like Uni.

Uni: Oii! How long are you going to sleep?!

Y/N: Just let her be...

Another voice, identical to Y/N could be heard too. I couldn't sleep anymore because of the sounds so I slowly opened my eyes. My vision was blurry but I saw Uni who looked angry and Y/N who looks troubled.

Nepgear: Uni? And Y/N? Good morning...

As I rubbed my eyes Uni just got even more angrier.

Uni: The blazing sun is up high and you can still call it morning?

Nepgear: Huh?

I grabbed my N-Gear from the small table next to the bed to check the time. To my surprise...

Nepgear: Oh my goodness! It's already this late?!

According to my N-Gear, it's currently 1 o'clock in the afternoon. I planned on going on the date at least after breakfast but... Oh, how this has gone terribly wrong.

Nepgear: I-I'll get ready as soon as possible!

I quickly jumped off the bed and went to the bathroom in quick haste. How embarrassing...

Uni: Seriously, that Nepgear...

Y/N: You said she planned the whole thing in one night?

Uni: She overdid herself because she was extremely anxious about this date.

Y/N: I see...

Timeskip Y/N's P.O.V

Nepgear: I-I'm ready! Actually I'm better than ready! I'm readier than ready!

Y/N: C-Calm down...

Uni: How embarrassing...

I can't believe how anxious Nepgear can be when it comes to these kind of things. I need to find a way to calm her mind. Maybe with something she likes.

Y/N: (Wait... something she likes? I got it!) Nepgear, let's go!

Nepgear: R-Right!

Timeskip (Old Workshop)

I've never really thought I'll use this workshop in years. It looks like an abandoned wooden shelter outside. I walked towards the door to quickly unlock it.

Nepgear: Umm... Y/N. Why are we here?

Y/N: I'm kind of tired walking on my legs so let's do something else for a change.

Nepgear kept on giving me a confused expression until I managed to unlock the door. I took down the chain and opened it slowly. Once it was fully opened, dust flew out as the place was a little bit in a mess. But in the middle of all that was a machine covered with a cloth. I used a gentle wind magic I've learnt from Vert to remove most of the dust here but it ended up ruining the surprise.

Nepgear: That's a motorbike right?

Y/N: Yup. My uncle left it for me but he left it in a bad condition. It's still repairable so I thought after we fix this, we'll take it for a spin.

Nepgear: Repairing...

Nepgear looks like she's already dreaming about what she could do with it already.