Chapter 1: Another Beginning...

<alarm>

Y/N: Urgh...

I opened my eyes groggily, and reached for the alarm clock beside me. But before I could hit it I fell from the bed.

<thud>

Y/N: Oww... What the hell?

But like most mornings, I forgot the alarm was not an alarm clock anymore. It was my ARC. I setted the time to wake up. But I just never got used to it.

Y/N: This is a pain in the ass... If I don't get used to it, I'll just feel pain in the morning.

Blaming my inability to cope with this new gadget, I turned it on and wirelessly turned the lights on and turned the alarm off. I got up, stretched, felt a few bones cracking... No, I'm not old. Most of the things in my house can be linked with my ARC. I cleaned the bed and got ready for the day.

It was a Sunday so, there's no school today. I took a bowl, cereal and milk and placed it on the dining table. I was not in the mood to cook something because I felt lazy. I even lazily ate the cereal and checked my mails.

One of them which is from my best friend, F/N. I read the mail from him and from the looks of it, he wants to hang out. Well, mostly to find a girlfriend or play this game made just for the ARC. I got nothing better to do now so I accepted his request.

<ring>

Just as soon as I accepted his request, I heard my doorbell ring. Wondering who it was, I checked who's outside the door using the ARC. There was a camera in front of my door and I can link it with my ARC. Shockingly, it was F/N.

Y/N: (How the hell did he reach here so fast?!)

I gulped before opening the door.

F/N: I knew you'll accept my request buddy!

Y/N: Don't make so much noise! The neighbors here are serious about their own privacy.

F/N: Don't worry!

Y/N: What do you mean? I'm pretty sure Takumi-san already sent a complaint letter about a certain boy being too noisy.

Takumi is my neighbor. He's in his 30s. He especially dislikes it when someone from this apartment makes so much noise. He can be scary which is why I avoid him.

F/N: Anyways, let's not talk about that and start our hunt for girls!

Y/N: I told you over a 100 times already... I'm not interested in girls now.

Mainly because I already have someone in my heart. 1 year... and still I can't find a single clue on how to go back to that world. Gamindustri...

But we went outside nevertheless. It was in the middle of spring so the weather wasn't that bad. We decided to hang out near the city. I live slightly father away from it.

F/N: Y/N, did you know there's going to be a boss fight?

Y/N: Boss fight? Close to here?

F/N: Yup. Most of our schoolmates are waiting for you. Our ace.

I blushed a bit. The past fights, I've been fighting like in Gamindustri. So my moves were a bit unique to some people. Hence, I was called the ace.

It wasn't long before we arrived at a massive park. I can see a few of my schoolmates preparing for the boss. Bosses are rare and they drop a lot of points if defeated. Points can be used to buy things instead of cash. I took out a futuristic looking stick. These are the weapons we use in battle. They look like futuristic sticks in real life but once you turn on the game it becomes the handle of a weapon.