1. Dealing With Your Shit

Start from the beginning

"I need coffee," I sigh as I start walking down the hallway towards the kitchen, thankful to live on the first floor so I wouldn't have to crawl up and down any stairs. 

"Really? I thought you were cutting back?" Wes follows me into the kitchen and I pop a k-pod into the Keurig, deciding MaXX can definitely wait a few more minutes. 

"I was, but I'm going to need it today since I'll be spending the day in the studio," I explain to only receive a small grunt in return. 

One cup of coffee won't kill my baby right? At least that's what I remember reading and I can't exactly look it up with my bodyguard standing right in front of me. 

Cause that would be a dead give away of the secret I've been trying so desperately to hide for three months.

And although I am stupid, I'm not THAT stupid. 

"Whatever gets you through Matthias," He responds before checking in with his men over their little walkie-talkie earbud things, letting them know he would be following me today. Of course this was without asking for my permission but for once, I actually don't mind. 

I take my coffee black and gulp it down while checking my google keep which currently had a list running at least twenty items long of shit I have to get done today. 

"Sometimes I wish I could have a copy of myself," I groan as I swipe through to find at least one thing I can eliminate only to very quickly realize the list has been locked by sister which means all of it has to get done at some point.

"I really don't think the world is ready for two of you," Wesley butts into my own personal conversation with myself as I put my mug in the sink and grab my helmet from the closet. 

"I'm sure a personal assistant would serve you better," He suggests. 

"Isn't that what I have you for Mr. Anderson?" I ooze with sarcasm and he crosses his arms meaning I've touched him in some type of way.

"Is that what I am to you?" He retorts and now it was my turn to blush. I let out an uneasy cough and step into the elevator with Wes right behind me. 

I could feel his ocean blue eyes burning small holes into the side of my head as I slipped on my sunglasses. 

"I miss you," He softly mutters through the thick air and my stupid heart burns at his small words.

"I miss you too," I whispered back and I could feel his hand slowly creeping over mine with our few seconds left alone in the elevator, giving it a gentle squeeze. 

And just like that, our 25 seconds were over and it was time to step out of the elevator and into the flashing lights. Wesley grips my shoulder as we walk towards the garage, shielding my smaller frame from those who wanted pictures of me.

Many questions were asked but none were answered as I ducked my head under Wes' arm, taking in the intoxicating scent of his cologne until I reached my new Kawasaki H2R while he hopped into the Escalade. 

***

"You okay there sweet stuff?" 

MaXX asked as I focused on the beat at the end of the track. He ruffles my hair and kisses my cheek before sitting down at the console next to me. 

"What have I told you about that?" I swat at him for being such a distraction. 

"Yeah, yeah, but I can't help it. You're so fucking cute when you're all focused and shit," He sighs as he falls back into his chair and watches me work. 

"Well learn to control it before I cut off your dick and tell you to go fuck yourself," I reply, feeling moody after the exhausting bout of morning sickness.