Chapter 27 - Clairvoyance

ROUTE 209

ROUTE 209

This morning, I picked up my Gible that I caught a few days ago just like I promised to Prof. Rowan in exchange of Rea Hoshi. I'd like to spend time with this little guy on my journey to Veilstone City.

My IP Pokétch began ringing and I answered the call right away when I saw the caller's name.

"Hello?" I began.

"Dawn! It's so nice to hear your voice again." Cheryl said over the phone.

"Back at ya'! It's been a while. How have you been? You said we suppose to keep each other in touch. By the time we separated ways after my Gym match with Gardenia, I couldn't reach you."

"I apologize. I've been very busy lately. Oh, there's someone here who wants to speak with you."

"Who?

"Chaaanseeey!" Her Chansey's voice soothed my ears.

"Hey! It's your Chansey. Good to hear her cute voice once again. Tell her I miss her cuddly belly. Hee hee!"

...

"She said she missed you too."

"Where are you? Think we could meet?"

"No can do. I'm at Eterna City's Herb Shop."

"What're doing there?"

"Learning the components of the herbal medicines. It is necessary for when the time comes that I will make my own medicines or healthy foods for Pokémon as an aspiring nutritionist. Right now I'm taking a break so I decided to give you a call."

"Aspiring nutritionist? Don't tell me—"

"My grandfather had allowed me to become a Pokémon nutritionist after hearing my side. Can't believe it until now."

"That's great news! How did it happen?"

"Right when I got home, I immediately told him about my plans. I thought he would NEVER agree with me but instead, he threw his arms on me and embraced me. He didn't expect me to decide on my own. He was amazed by my own ambitions. He also added that the greatest treasure he would ever find is to see me become passionate on my work. I felt so loved when I heard his words."

"See? Family understands. Feeling better now?"

"Totally. I'm glad I was able to take my desired path. Thanks to you and Lluvia."

"Looking forward to your success one day!"

"Enough about me, let's talk about you. I've watch your Contest performance. You were really good and I'm not lying."

"Thanks. It makes me glad that everyone I knew were supporting me. Yet, I haven't confirmed all of them."

"Even we are far away from you, friends will stick together no matter what. You always have our backs."