Chapter 24 - Spotlight

CONTEST HALL (WAITING ROOM)

"Attention! Coordinators and to our kind audiences. After an hour of appeal, our three judges have sum up the points they gave to each everyone of the contestants. From a total of 50 contestants, reducing them to 8 are only qualified for the next round." Vivian was about to announce the results of the first round.

My heart was beating so fast feeling the nervous tension throughout my body. Hoping the results bear with me.

"With no particular order, here are the 8 coordinators who made it to the second round. Congratulations!" Vivian announced.

The results of the Appeal Round were revealed on the TV screen by showing the pictures of the 8 lucky Coordinators who will advance for the next round.

There's May, Lucky Chloe and... ME! I MADE IT!

"Gosh, we made it! WE MADE IT MAY!" I screamed with glee.

"No kidding! Your positive instincts are correct Dawn." May replied.

"I did not predicted it May. We just knew it in ourselves that we can."

May nodded agreeing on what I just said.

"Let us not stop in here Dawn. We have to make it to the top." May told me.

"Yeah. Climbing it may be difficult but we don't just give up on a simple hardship. Have faith on ourselves May." I replied to her.

"Once again, congratulations to the 8 coordinators. As for the others, we hope you'll join us next time." Vivian continued.

Losing on the first round was very heartbreaking for a Coordinator and their Pokémon. However, I believe each and everyone has to experience the taste of defeat for it measures the assurance of an individual. Losing is success in progress as t was said on a proverb.

"Moving on to the next round, our computer will randomly decide who will clash for the prize Contest Ribbon. The remaining 8 Coordinators will have to face each other to determine the deserving winner of the reward." Vivian announced.

After a few moments of shuffling the contestants and order, the screen finally shows the coordinators who will face each other for the second round. Looks like I got paired on the Ace Trainer from Unova named X for the third match.

10 minutes later...

For the first match, May won stupendously against the Coordinator named Polly while Chloe also celebrated in triumph after facing Coordinator Petey for the second match. The third match finally arrived. It's me versus X. Never battled an expert on Pokémon other than Gym Leaders and the Champion before. Then I just wondered, how an Ace Trainer battle on a Pokémon Contest? I mean, they're all skillful and all but this round not just only about the strength of a Pokémon. The coordination and elegance of the moves plays a big part in here. Then I guess, he wouldn't join the Contest if he's not aware of the flow of the Contest.