Chapter 19 - Eterna Gala

ETERNA CITY

ETERNA CITY

Today is the most awaited festival for everyone! The streets are crowded by the city folks. Not only that, I could tell that there are visitors from other cities and even other regions and foreigners from faraway lands. Looks like Eterna Gala is a must to experience event. Like Nurse Joy said, they opened a market of shops, booths, and bazaar everywhere you look. I haven't tried any of them though. I can't keep up with these numbers of people. It is still so early in the morning so I can still enjoy the festival for almost a day. While wandering around the city, there's a long, long line along the way caught my attention. It was coming from that certain booth over there.

"Come on! Come on! Step rrright up! Claim your ticket HERE! Get a chance to win our newest model of bicycles for this year's festival! Try your luck everyone!" The vendor shouted.

Wow! There's the raffle Nurse Joy talked about. And the prize... A Bicycle? For real?! Amazing! I have to get into the line and join the raffle. I have to... No, I need to get a bike for my journey. I remember back when I was 10 years old, I lost my bike after that violent earthquake occurred three years ago. The earthquake was not natural though. It's because of Team Magma and Team Aqua awakened the legendary ancient Pokémon Groudon and Kyogre that brings unnatural weather phenomenon in the Hoenn region. The ground shakes due to the instant changing of weather from extremely hot rays from the sun to dark clouds that causes heavy storms. According to the Weather Institute of the Hoenn region, it is because of the presence of Groudon brings extremely hot weather and Kyogre causes heavy rains and makes the ocean waves rampage. The earthquake was felt even in Sinnoh region. According to the news, regions like Kanto, Johto, Unova, Kalos, and Alola also felt it. That was a total disaster! People had already moved on from that calamity and it's almost forgotten these days.

30 minutes ago...

*Dawn obtained an Eterna Ticket*

Finally! I got myself a ticket! That was an awful one. Experience is like falling in line for blockbuster movies in theaters. Anyway, it's worth enough. I've got a chance to have a bike in my hands. Oh, I am so excited... to win! The vendor told me that the winners will be announced tonight before the fireworks show.

I still have many hours to wander around. Gotta try each and every one of 'em until night. So many places to go. There are selling of foods, souvenir shops, games, and etc. Where to start? As I wander without looking at my direction, I accidentally bumped into someone.

"S-sorry!" I blurted out.

"Huh? It's okay!" Said the soft speaker young woman.

Wait! Isn't she...

"Cheryl?!" I called her name.

"Oh, hey there Dawn! Good to see you... again!" She said then smiled at me.

"Chansey!" Her Chansey greeted me too.

"Hi there Chansey! Didn't saw you there." I told her Chansey.