Chapter 23 - It's Showtime!

HEARTHOME CITY

HEARTHOME CITY

Just taking my first step on Hearthome City after a really long time makes me incredibly happy and super excited. I think it's obvious. Because it was extremely popular around the whole Sinnoh region for its friendly state. It's no surprise to see this countless people on the streets even it's almost sunset. Expect many folks strolling around all the time.

I have so much memories of this place in the past. Many years had passed since the last time I've been running in the streets here back when I was little. I keep myself updated on everything for I've been reading about the good reviews on PC. It is once just a simple place where people and Pokémon gathered, then grew into a center of commerce after years had passed.

There are many places to stop by and take a look like Mira said to me earlier. I think I could take a little stroll hoping I couldn't forget my real purpose what am I doing in this city in the first place. To participate on a Pokémon Contest and to challenge the Hearthome Gym Leader Fantina.

"EEK! WAIT! DON'T GO THAT WAY!" Someone with a feminine voice shrieked.

Before I could locate whose voice was it, there's a Pokémon hopping so quickly in this direction. It's a Buneary!

"Hey you! The girl ahead!" The woman who is chasing after the Buneary called.

Now I just realized... She must be referring to me.

"Stop her!!! NOW!!!" She screamed.

I immediately responded to her request. The fleeing Buneary was forced to stop when there's no way to go any further since I'm blocking her path.

The woman chasing after the Buneary have finally keep up with her. Panting heavily and gasping for air.

"Thank goodness you happened to be there or else... My Pokémon have gotten even further." The woman told me.

"It's my pleasure... I guess..." I responded.

"Sheesh... It's a pain running in high heels y'know? This is really a bad timing Cuddles! I ain't have time playing with you now. Not when I have a guest to entertain." She scolded her Pokémon.

"Bun bun..." Her Buneary looks sad when she said that.

"Are you sure it is all right to say those words?" I asked her.

"She's fine. It's my way of disciplining her.

"Your Pokémon sure is fast!"

"That's natural! I feed her nutritious food everyday that keeps her muscles and bones strong. She's very energetic!"

"Good thing nothing bad happened."

"Oh! I haven't introduced myself properly to you am I right?"

I nodded my head.

"But... You look familiar miss. Like... I think I've seen you somewhere before." I said to her.