Chapter 10 - Culprit's Hand

POKEMON CENTER (OREBURGH CITY)

"Wow! Congratulations Dawn! For winning that badge!" Mom congratulated me.

I was talking to her via video call through PC that I rent at the Pokémon Center. I told her my story about my Gym challenge experience that results into victory.

"Get this Mom, Piplup just evolved into Prinplup after our battle with Roark." I told her.

"Really? Too bad I didn't have the chance to see him in person on his Piplup form." She said.

I was thinking if I should tell her about what happened two days ago at the Oreburgh Mining Museum. She's my Mom so I should let her know but, what keeps on not telling her is that she told me to stay away from danger before I left home. What I did was too risky. What should I do? Should I tell her? Or not?

"Dawn, your battle with Cynthia was featured on TV last night. Have you watched it?" Mom told me.

"Yeah. How do I look Mom?" I asked her.

"You're amazing! Who could've know that you'll be on TV."

"That's natural Mom. After all, I'm a child of a star am I right?"

"Hahaha. Stop kidding me."

"Hahaha. But it's the truth Mom. You're a top coordinator and you have so many fans. Now, you're just passing your quality as a star on me."

"Remember this, be humble my dear. Once you've became more popular, you should still be nice so people will like you more."

"I know that Mom. Once I become the Champion and a Top Coordinator, I'll act as a good model to others and be their inspiration."

"Good girl. Back to the topic, your challenge with Cynthia wasn't bad. Although her Garchomp was extremely powerful, you and your Pokémon fought very well."

"Thanks Mom."

"If you were up to someone powerful like Cynthia but instead a bad guy... I don't know what will happen to you. I would like to remind you again to stay away from anything dangerous okay? I'm going to faint if something bad happened to you."

"Got it Mom."

I prefer to not say a word about the incident. I am involved on the case. I know she's just trying to protect me but, I can handle myself for I am already 14 years old. I just want to help and that's the reason why I helped Lucas and the policemen to capture those thieves of Team Galactic. If I told her about it, she would definitely send me home and cancel my journey.

"Umm... Mom?  I just... Remembered something." I said.

"What was it?" She asked me.

"About the letter. I mean YOUR letter."

"Ahh. So you finally noticed it huh?"

"Thank you for those words Mom. I really appreciate it. I could feel your support and love for me."