Chapter 3 - Pursuit

ROUTE 202

ROUTE 202

I'm heading now to the next destination which is Jubilife City. As I was traveling, I saw a lot of Pokémon trainers around here training. Some of them are having Pokémon battles to each other. I'm just wondering if Barry was here since he mention that he will continue his training as preparation for our awaited battle. Speaking of preparation, I should prepare my Pokémon and start training. Then I've just realized this. Barry has been a Pokémon trainer a couple of weeks ago so he should probably have a lot of strong Pokémon. But I just started my journey and my only Pokémon was Piplup. So I need to catch some Pokémon sooner or later. Since Prof. Rowan gave me a lot of Pokéballs, I should catch a lot of Pokémon so I could stand a chance against Barry. So I decided to search for Pokémon who look strong and catch them. Just then, I heard a strange sound somewhere. It's coming from my back. It looks like sounds of footsteps running towards me. I was pretty sure it was Barry because he is the kind of person I always see running when he saw me. When I looked back, I was surprised that it wasn't Barry. It is a Pokémon! A Shinx! The wild Shinx was panicking circling around me.

"Shinx shinx!" Shinx said.

I couldn't understand what it was trying to say. Perhaps it needs... help? Just then, a swarm of Beedrills appeared. They all look mad and they're glaring at Shinx. Shinx was really afraid when they appeared as he hid himself behind my boots.

"What's going on? Why are you so afraid?" I asked Shinx.

But the answer looks obvious. Shinx must have done something wrong to make the Beedrills got mad. Since Beedrill is a Pokémon who is known for being short tempered, this could be a big problem. When the Beedrills started approaching Shinx, he began to ran again. And now, I found myself running too. Of course, I'm with Shinx so these Beedrills could be following me too. And then, I also found myself shouting because I'm scared. Scared of being hurt by these Beedrills. I know that I have a Pokémon that can save me from some situations like this but Piplup and I were not yet that strong to battle these Pokémon. We're still beginners.

"Those Beedrills are getting closer!" I told myself.

As Shinx and I were still running we found ourselves on a dead end. Nowhere to run. Uh-oh!  When I looked back, the Beedrills have already cornered us. Oh no!

"Beedrill! Please don't be mad. Whatever Shinx had done wrong to all of you, could you please forgive him? Leave us alone." I tried to please them.

It looks like the Beedrill weren't going to listen to me. They're still glaring at Shinx. He is terribly afraid that his eyes are shut. The Beedrills went closer and closer to us. I guess I have no choice but to battle them for the sake of our safety. I grab Piplup's Pokeball from my bag, clicked it to make it bigger.

"Piplup, I need you!" I said as I threw the Pokéball into the battlefield.

"Piplup!" Piplup said as he came out of the Pokéball.