Chapter Forty Three

Edmund

When I was finally released from prison, I had one thing in mind and one thing only. I wanted to destroy the life of the one who ruined my life and imprisoned me. I wanted to take my revenge on Lexi. I tried to ruin her, so I ordered some guy to rape her, but that did not work because of her stupid brothers. If I learned anything about Lexi in the past, it would be that she loved riding horses, and I knew how to finish her.

I would be the person to end her. I would let her die before her actual death, but I would grant her the big finale and send her to Hell. I flew to Sydney and searched for horse-riding contests and found one. I checked the area very carefully and did not let anyone see me. After I decided it was the perfect place to make my plan work, I printed the announcement about that contest, and I followed Milo for two days, dropping the ads in front of him or in places I knew he would see them, and it worked. My plan worked. There were not careful enough. I lured them right into my trap.

As the contestants were about to begin the race, I positioned myself in the horses' water break area near a cliff. I prepared the little box with me and waited for her. After a while, I saw the first horse and smiled in victory. I hid between the bushes and opened the little box as Lexi got down from the horse. I watched in anticipation as the black snake I released crawled to the horse. A loud neigh was heard, and the horse gave the reaction I needed for my plan to work.

The horse saw the snake, and there was no escape for Lexi. She was startled by the horse's sudden action, and her foot slipped. I came out from my hiding spot, grabbed the black snake, and put it back into the little box to hide any evidence. I thought Lexi finally fell and died, but her cry made me furious. Can't she just give up?

I strolled to the cliff and dropped to my knees. I popped my head over and saw her grabbing an old trunk and blood coming out of her chest. Her shirt was white, so it was easy to see the red. "Look who we have here!" I said, with a broad smile that others might describe as evil.

I was evil, and I did not regret it. Lexi ruined my life and killed my best friend. I deserved to take my revenge on her. It was my right to take her life. "Little Lexi! I was made for hating you!" I said, and her tears began to fall. That scene was the best thing I saw in years. I loved her pain and that I was the cause of it.

"I didn't think that you would be the last face I'd see before I die, and I'm betting that you did something to the horse for him to be so afraid," she pointed out, and I smirked.

"Oh, yes, I did. Horses can be easily frightened by snakes. I don't regret anything I did to you in the past, and I wouldn't regret this...." I replied, and then I grabbed a heavy rock next to me and threw it on her head. I watched silently as she fell to her death.

I once promised her, just before I went into my cell at the court, that I would be the one to get the last laugh, and I fulfilled my promise. A man never breaks his promises, and like they say: the ax forgets, but the tree remembers.