Chapter Seventeen

After Jude's prank, we cleaned his mess and got into the car. He was going to pay for that prank, and I had to do it fast without anyone noticing my plan. But what should I do?

~~~

"Did you enjoy your breakfast, guys? Oh, let's not forget about the delicious peanut butter," Jude asked as we parked in the parking lot. He stood next to our car with a smirk that I yearned to knock off his face. I scoffed and got out.

"You'll regret it. Just you wait," I said in a quiet but intimidating tone. Jude looked at me with a larger smirk, if that was possible. I had to say — in my head, of course — that he looked good. He was wearing black jeans and a red V-neck T-shirt that fitted him perfectly, with a black jacket. His hair was styled nicely — it wasn't neat, yet it wasn't messy. It was messy and good. Makes sense? Yes, it does, in my mind, at least.

Jude stepped closer but not to the point of touching me. I had my brothers next to me, waiting to launch their overprotectiveness. Jude sure did remember them. "Good luck with that, queen of 'pranks'!" he replied with a tone laced with sarcasm. I just rolled my eyes, then started walking towards the main door as my brothers got out of the car and walked behind me.

"Oh, when I get you, you'll genuinly say 'queen of pranks.' Mark my words, Jude," I grinned, then looked ahead to see a smiling Jessica. I instantly returned the smile. "Hey, Jess," I greeted, then hugged her. It felt good to have a girl as your friend. When my brothers were home, I constantly spent time with them back in California. So, my actual interaction with girls started with mom... and just mom, until Jessica, Latoya, and Alice.

"Good morning, Lexi, boys," she greeted, then walked beside me. I looked around the building but did not see him anywhere in sight. I patted Jess's shoulder, and she looked at me.

"Where is Holden?" I asked her since he was her boyfriend and she ought to be with him. And my brother's best friend. And Jude's roommate and best friend... Anyway, I just wanted to talk to Jess; I did not feel like asking the boys.

"He's discussing an exam's material with the astronomy lecturer. She was delighted to see someone give a damn about that class since it didn't have many students. So, in other words, he's stuck for half an hour or so," she explained. Poor Holden, but he did do this to himself... who told him to go and see her? Probably his will to succeed. Learn something from him, Lexi... but do I really need to?

"Okay," I said in a quiet tone. "When will I start my first lecture?" I asked my two brothers since they knew my schedule by heart. On the other hand, I do not know what I ate yesterday. Talk about photographic memory. I discovered that I could control what I needed to remember when I got older. But, my childhood memories will always be stuck in my mind because I could not control them back then.

"In about half an hour, why?" he said, then wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I need to go to the bathroom, and Jess will come with me. Right, Jess?" I said, then looked into her eyes, signaling that she must come with me. It was a life-and-death situation. Not entirely true, but one tends to use hyperbole to prove a point.

"Sure, see you later, guys." She waved them goodbye and walked with me. When we were out of my brothers' hearing, she made me stop and face her.

"What's up?" she asked. Concern was evident in her eyes. I smirked, then rubbed my palms together.

"What do you think about pranks?" I asked, already building up my plan for Jude. She grinned.

"I love them. Who are we pranking?" Jess asked excitedly. To be honest, I loved her enthusiasm so freaking much that she included herself in it before I could ask her.