Chapter Fifteen

After we ate at the restaurant and said goodbye to Latoya, we returned to the dorms. Holden went to his girlfriend, Jessica's house to drop her off. I was pretty sure that he would stay the night. Who knows?

"How many days a week do I have to attend the university?" I asked, breaking the silence that crept into the car full of boys. My brothers and Jude were awfully quiet, and it killed me. I loved talking, but I also loved listening to others.

Theo turned his head and looked at me with a smile. "Since you are at an advanced level, you'll only attend on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Three days a week — good, no?" he replied, and I nodded. Theo was between Jude and me, and Arlo was driving, leaving Milo in the shotgun.

"Yes, but then I'll get bored on the other days. How many days do you attend?" I asked them all, then waited.

"Well, since I'm about to finish my last year, I attend three days a week like you — on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays," Milo replied as he turned back and looked at me.

"And, I attend four days a week — Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. It's too much," Theo said, with a whine, then wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed my temple.

"I attend four days a week as well, but on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Fridays!" Arlo countered with a sigh. He was unhappy about going to school on Friday, but life was not easy. You could not just sit around and wait for a miracle to dance into your life. You have to work hard to get it. Why am I being so philosophical all of a sudden? I mean... It's good for my future career, so I am not complaining.

"That means... You'll never stay alone, not in the dorms and surely not in the university," Milo added with a relieved grin. I snapped my head to Jude to see him counting on his fingers.

"Jude..." I called to grab his attention, and it did. He looked at me with a questioning expression. "What are you counting?" I asked; my curiosity was too strong to ignore, and he smirked.

"I counted how many girls asked me out today but eventually rejected them. Why so interested?" he asked, with the same smirk he showed the first time we met two days ago.

I huffed, then crossed my arms. "I'm not interested in anything. It was the curiosity talking — not me — and you are a jerk, you know that, right?" I asked with one raised eyebrow. My brothers looked at me, suddenly looking so eager to know what would happen next. Drama lovers, my brothers... I'm killing it with the rhymes.

"Because I rejected them?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"No, because of how you rejected them. You were so mean. Before you ask, I was near my locker when you rejected a sweet-looking girl. Your words stung me even though they weren't meant for me. How could you say that to a girl?" When I heard him, I fought with my inner demon not to jump out and kick his butt, yet it was none of my business. I just needed to tell him that what he was doing was so wrong — if he did not already know that.

Jude fixed his position so that he was leaning against the window, with crossed arms over his toned chest. "She was so annoying. That chick didn't know how to take hints that I was not interested in dating her, so I got rid of her my way. I did not say what I said to all girls," he reasoned in his Australian accent, and his words made my blood boil like a volcano that was about to erupt.

Theo cleared his throat, wanting to speak, but I glared to shut him up, and he did. He leaned further into his seat and looked at us. "I get that some girls are annoying but telling them that you'd rather sleep with a dog is so rude and inappropriate, even murderers were ashamed to say that – like, how could you?" I spat. His face paled, and his eyes widened. My brothers narrowed their eyes at him, then shook their heads in disapproval. "What? You thought I didn't hear that last part just because you lowered your voice? You said that one sentence that could ruin a girl's hope, dream, and life. I'm pretty sure if she truly loved you, you'd find her crawling onto her bed, crying her heart out with yummy ice cream, or getting drunk," I exclaimed loudly.

"I... W-what did you want me to do? What did you want me to tell her? I know better than anyone that she just wanted to sleep with me for the fame or reputation or whatever she wanted. I knew she didn't truly love me, as you said, so I'm pretty sure she's not crying her heart out, but I'm not ignoring the other option — getting drunk to do some stuff later is not new. She is a female dog, I am not going to swear now, and even your brothers know that!" he replied in a tone that matched mine and leaned forward so that he was in front of me but not near me. Makes sense?

"Who was she?" Arlo asked after a couple of seconds of silence.

"Megan Paul," Jude replied with a sigh. I looked at my brothers' faces, and their eyes widened.

"The cheerleader?" Milo asked, and I sensed a hint of anger in his tone. As Jude nodded his head, Milo snapped his gaze at me.

"Oh, hell no, she is a female dog. She deserved those words, and I'm sure by now she's in a stranger's house doing "you know what"... Wait, I hope you don't know what. You're still innocent and little for that stuff. Forget what I said, but she is a nasty and sly chick — not sweet, and she is far from being innocent!" Was she that bad?

"What did she do to you?" I asked Milo because I knew something had happened between them. Arlo looked at me from the rearview mirror, then back on the road. No fire without smoke, or was it no smoke without fire? I have a messed-up mind.

"She tried to break Milo and Latoya up." I glanced at Milo, opened my mouth to ask, and closed it again. Should I ask? Yeah, I should because it already had been talked about.

"How?" I asked, then waited for Milo to spill his guts. Not literally; that would be gross.

He sighed, then turned his gaze at the road. "Megan would cling to my arms whenever she saw Latoya approaching us. I'd try to release myself from her hold, but she'd be too stubborn and clingy. Every time, Lee cries and runs away, and I follow her, explaining everything, then things return to normal. It happened for a while, to the point where Lee did not believe me anymore. The last straw was when Megan forced a kiss on me. I quickly shoved her away, but Lee was already gone. I went after her and tried to explain what happened, but she just slapped me. Really hard," he clarified. He sounded upset, and I felt terrible. "I didn't know how to make her believe me because I wouldn't even believe myself. But I have awesome brothers and amazing best friends. They caught everything on camera, and what I said in that video made Latoya go and throw a punch to Megan's nose," Milo explained, then smiled at the last part.

I felt happy that everything got cleared out but, "What did you say?" I asked, eager to know. It was like watching a drama series. A good one.

"He said, and I quote without the curse words: ′leave me the fudge alone. I only love Latoya. I will always do until I die,′ and Megan was furious, so she grabbed his head and kissed him, but it didn't last a second because he shoved her off of him, then said: ′you have lost every onus of dignity. You have no respect for yourself. Go to hell!′ then he ran after Latoya. The end," Theo explained, with a full grin on his face. He could remember the scene so well because he would become a great actor in the future. I looked at Jude; he was still sitting in the same position — so close to me.

I chuckled nervously, then ran my hand through my hair. "I guess... She did deserve what you said to her... But next time, give me a heads up about the bad girls in the school. I'd appreciate it, thank you very much!" I clarified with an attitude, and he smiled.

He looked hot with his face so close to mine. I was surprised that Theo did not do something about it. "Okay, that's enough." Nope, spoke too soon. Theo placed his palm on Jude's face and pushed him back away from me. Jude just rolled his perfect blue eyes at him.

"And I'm sorry about my outburst. It just irritates me — the whole guy bullying a girl situation because... um, ah, anyway, I'm sorry," I apologized.

"It's okay. It's normal to get a reaction like that from a girl who's so pure-hearted."

Was I though?

More updates on inkitt. If you want the link, send me a private message.