Chapter Eighteen

The fall was pretty nasty for one main reason. "What the hell, guys? Stop laughing!" I groaned as I looked at them from down on the floor. The view was creepy because I could see Megan's legs and more; it was not a pleasant sight. "Lift me up. Hurry," I called Milo. He pulled my arms, and I stood next to the nice dude — also known as the nasty gal's twin brother. "So, what's your name?" I asked as I fixed my shirt. Thank God I didn't wear a skirt today!

"Gabriel Paul, nice to meet you." He introduced himself, then held his hand out for me to shake. Arlo pulled me back in his arms when I was about to shake it. Oh right, I forgot my annoying brothers.

"Let's be clear here, newbie, she's our sister, and if you touch her, we will kill you! How come we didn't see you here before?" Arlo asked him in a pissed-off tone. His overprotectiveness was taking over his mind as always. But the real overprotective problem was Theo. He would flip.

Gabriel held his hands up in surrender, then smiled. "Don't worry, my intentions are pure, and I wasn't here in the university because of... something important — nothing you should care about," he replied, then rubbed the nape of his neck. He was uncomfortable talking about the reason for his absence, and his stupid sister was clueless AF. Or does she pretend to be clueless? I don't know anymore.

"I'm Lexi, and these two are my brothers: Arlo and Milo," I said, then pointed at each of them. "These are my friends, Jessica and her boyfriend Holden, and finally Jude." I introduced them with a bright smile, and Gabriel smiled back. Don't get me wrong, he is super cute, but I am not crushing on him. He is not my type.

"Hello guys," he said in his Australian accent.

"Whatever, now let's go." Megan decided to speak and drag him away with her. How rude!

"She never fails to piss me off," Milo said as we were alone again: our group, I meant. No need to clarify everything you say in your mind, Lexi.

"Eh, just don't care about her, and you'll be happy, believe me," I advised, then remembered the prank. "Jess, come with me. I'll get us Coke," I pointed, and Jess smiled wickedly.

"Let's go," she said, then we walked to the vending machine. I pulled a Coke bottle that I personally made from my backpack, then looked at it. The color was the same as the real Coke. Perfect.

"It looks real, no?" I asked her, and she nodded while getting the actual Coke bottles from the machine. I only wanted to prank Jude, not my brothers nor Holden. Not now, at least.

"Absolutely, no one will notice the difference," Jess assured us, then we headed back like nothing was going to happen in a couple of seconds. When we reached our table, I handed Jude my Coke and gave Milo and Arlo the regular Coke bottles.

"Thanks, sis," Milo said, and I sat next to him. Jess handed Holden his bottle, and then she gave me mine.

"Hey, Jude, wanna play a game?" I asked with a challenging grin.

"Sure," he said in a slightly excited tone. That excitement will fade, buddy when you open that bottle.

"Let's see, whoever finishes the bottle first wins twenty bucks. Jess, you record to make sure no one cheats," I explained, and she pulled her phone from her pocket rather quickly.

"Okay, ready... set... go," she declared, and we both opened the bottles and began drinking. I swear the priceless scene went in slow motion. Jude spat all the liquid on Arlo's face. It was silent for a moment until half of the cafeteria laughed. I clenched my lips because I was laughing too hard. Jess and Holden had tears in their eyes, and Milo was for sure having the best time ever laughing at his brother's face and best friend's reaction.

"Why me?" Arlo sighed, then cleaned his face.

"What the fuck was that? If you tell me that it was pee, I will kill you, Lexi!" Jude yelled, then grabbed a water bottle and drank it. "You know what... I'm going to kill you either way," he added, then looked into my eyes like he was sucking the soul from my body. I shivered. I actually felt scared, so I stood up and backed down from the table — all eyes were on me.

"Chillax, dude. It was only Sprite, water, and soy sauce with a little chili pepper... and vegemite," I explained without looking at him, but when I did, I prayed for my life.

"Lexi..." He trailed off, and I gulped. I was not that scared. Whom am I kidding? I am scared shitless!

"Yeah?" I replied in a sweet tone.

"You better start running because I'm faster than you," he said while taking closer steps. I smirked and did as he said. He was wrong about one thing... I was super-fast and was surprising due to my laziness. What can I say? I am a work of art.

"No, bro. She's fast as hell," Milo commented loudly for Jude to hear. I turned my head and saw him behind me with a shocked expression on his face.

"Lexi, stop right this instant!" he shouted, and I scoffed. What an idiot.

"Yeah, I'll stop when criminals stop at that phrase when the police are hot on their trails. No one is stupid enough to stop for a beating. See ya later," I replied, then took a turn to my left and entered the girls' bathroom.

~~~

"Where have you been?" Jess asked when she saw me walking to my locker. Jude was nowhere in sight.

"Rihanna is a legend," I commented, and Jess laughed. "I was hiding in the girls' bathroom," I replied, then pulled out my new books from my locker, not that I needed them – Bishop insisted on me taking them.

Luckily for me, my next lesson was with Jude. Yay. "Good luck, but you must do the second prank — it's easier, but you must do it." Jess patted my back, and I grinned.

"Don't worry. I never back down from a prank. Bye," I said, then walked to class. As I stepped in front of the door, I breathed in and out before opening it. All eyes were on me, and the lecturer crossed his arms, waiting.

"Miss Houston, do you know what time it is?" the lecturer asked.

I rolled my eyes, then looked at my watch. A smirk appeared on my lips. "Yes, three minutes before class. I'm not late," I declared confidently, then walked to my seat next to Jude. I held my hand for him to shake, and he looked at me with narrow eyes. "I just wanted to say I'm sorry," I stated, half-lying and half-wanting to shake his hand.

"Yeah, right," he said. Nevertheless, he put his hand in mine. I smiled when the small egg cracked in his hand. I had a transparent glove, so my hand did not get dirty. "What the hell? Are you out of your mind?" he yelled, and I burst out laughing.

"Mr. Berruti, I'm teaching!" the lecturer warned Jude, and I looked at him.

"And you shouldn't because we still have one minute left to actually begin." Man, I was pushing his last buttons, but, eh, we have rights.

"Just sit down," he sighed, defeated at my intelligent remarks, and I did as he ordered.