Hawaii Part 4: Pool Daze - Laine/Namjoon POV

I shifted uncomfortably.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" I asked, probably sounding as unsure as I felt. I was standing inside my bedroom, lingering a few steps away from the closed door, trying to find the courage to open it.

I heard a groan from the other side. The sound was an impatient one, but not in a negative manner.

"Laine, I promise it will be okay, just let me in...talk to me." The voice sounded gentle and reassuring.

With those words easing my mind, I slowly approached the locked door. I held my breath as I unlocked it, hiding my body behind the safe space the varnished wood provided.

He stepped in wordlessly, looking around for a brief moment before he found me hiding behind the door. "Laine..." He pulled me out from behind my hiding place, shutting the door in the process and held me tightly. I didn't resist his embrace.

"Jimin, I just can't..." I pulled away from him, looking down at the bathrobe I was wearing.

He looked at it too, before bringing his hand closer to my face, sweeping hair out of my eyes. He had a pained expression on his face.

I knew the others wouldn't understand; not to the extent in which Jimin does.

"Show me." His hands reached down to the belt of my robe. The sensation sending shivers through my body as his gentle touch mixed with the black silk gliding over my body.

I felt the breeze from the open window on my now exposed skin as the robe fell open. Jimin smiled affectionately as he saw my newly formed goosebumps.

"What are you so afraid of, hmm?" He cooed gently, genuinely concerned.

I couldn't look at him, so instead I looked over his shoulder, zoning out on the faraway picturesque scenery the balcony provided.

"I..."

Maybe I was being stupid. I was obviously aware of the fact that some of them had already seen me naked, but this was a different feeling; a feeling I mostly chalked up to vulnerability and exposure.

I knew I acted confident in front of Yoongi a few days ago, but that was only because I refused to give in to his ridiculous power play, masking that I, in fact, felt very insecure when he snuck up on me like that. I remembered my heart beating at elevated levels, and I tried my best to hide the trembling in my voice.

With Hoseok...Well, that incident happened too fast for me to even comprehend what was happening; he took charge of the situation and before I even knew it, my body complied. I still couldn't believe that happened only yesterday, undetected.

My mind lingered on Taehyung. Tae is a different scenario all together. My heart warmed at the thought of Taehyung and his big smile and his peach coloured hair.

I was unimpressed with myself. I truly despised looking and feeling weak. I was usually the one encouraging Jimin to embrace his beauty and not to care about the mean-spirited folk of the media.

But now here he was, standing before me.

Because I was having a panic attack over a bikini.

I wasn't planning on wearing one, ever. I did not feel comfortable exposing myself in any public environment. I was always the fully-covered girl in environments that required less clothing.

But, today was particularly sunny, the sky a bright blue, and cloudless. The birds' chirps were invitation enough for anybody to explore the glistening clear waters of Hawaii's beaches and finest pools.