Rules

"Hawaii?" I asked, raising my eyebrows.

I was sitting in a boardroom at the office. PD-Nim and my boss set up a meeting a while ago, and I had no idea what it was about. My boss called in via Skype, and PD-Nim sat opposite me.

"Laine, the members of BTS are going on vacation to Hawaii next week, and PD-Nim reached out to me personally to request your attendance." My boss' face was enlarged on the wall next to me through a projector that was connected to my laptop.

"Yes, I think it is of utmost importance that you join them, Laine." PD-Nim smiled at me and then turned to face my boss "I'm sure you can ensure smooth operations and have backfills in Laine's absence?"

They spoke as if I wasn't even in the room. I didn't know who to look at.

"Yes, of course. Laine over here always ensures she has back up plans in any situation. Look how she handled her absence recently" my boss nodded before adding "I have complete faith in Laine to give hand overs and instructions."

"Well, then, I don't see any problems. Laine, what do you say?" PD-Nim looked at me inquisitively.

I leaned forward and grabbed a bottle of water on display in the center of the table.

"I appreciate the offer PD-Nim, however, I am just confused as to why I need to be in attendance. Is there any work related events on this vacation?" I opened my diary to ensure I write everything down, but was interrupted by his surprising response.

"No, Laine. This is a pure vacation. You are invited as a guest, as a thank you, and an extended thank you to your company for the excellent services."

I nodded silently. This is too weird. How do I respond?

"PD-Nim is one of the few people that know what you have been dealing with this past few weeks, and it is a kind gesture of Big Hit to give you some much needed recuperation." My boss gave me a look that said I better just agree if I want to keep this job.

"Are the members okay with it?" I asked uncertainly.

PD-Nim nodded. "They are the ones who requested your presence in the first place."

I bowed and smiled. "Thank you for the offer. I accept."

We finalized the arrangements and contingency plans for my absence, before greeting my boss, indicating the meeting came to an end.

I bowed to PD-Nim again, and headed for the door, about to leave.

"Laine"

Oh shit, what now?

I turned back to face him.

"I've noticed you all seem to be a close bunch. This is not usual practice for them or for me to allow them, to mingle with staff. But you... you're an unusual case. I know you have suggested a more personal approach in the past, and that was all great...the payoff was noticeable. But I need you to sign a new contract."

"How so? Do I not adhere to the regulations put in place already?" I cocked my head to the side, staring at him intently, hiding my nerves. Is this about Tae?

"Oh, yes you do...however...your relations with them seemed to have exceeded the threshold."

Oh god, this is about Tae or Jimin, or even Yoongi... fuck... I am going to be fired. They know...

"My apologies, PD-Nim. I don't quite understand what you mean?"

He looked at me absentmindedly, resting his face on his thumb and index finger, as if he was wondering how to answer me.