Comfort Part 2 - Jimin POV

"Can I make you some coffee?" Laine peeked out from the kitchen "Oh and please sit down. You know you can, right?" She rolled her eyes.

I was in Laine's apartment. I accepted her invitation to 'come chill at her place' as she put it. I didn't really understand her references or things she said sometimes. It must be a foreign thing. I still didn't know where she was from.

"Please," I smiled at her before sitting down on the couch.

I haven't really had any private conversations with her, but somehow this felt comforting.

I looked around. Impressive, I really didn't expect this. I mentally shook my head. What exactly did I expect?

Her apartment was very neat. Mostly white and dark wood finishes, and stainless steel appliances. I mentally nodded in appreciation. Looks like you've got your shit together, Yeoja.

The bedroom door was open, and I grew curious. What does her sleeping situation look like? Does she have a boyfriend?

I was about to get up and have a peek inside when Laine came from the kitchen with two cups. I glanced up at her and smiled as she was concentrating on not spilling. "Thanks, Laine."

"You're welcome" She handed me the cup and sat down next to me. She noticed that I was staring at everything in her apartment and said casually, "It's not much, but it's been my home for a while now" she paused "but I'm sure the BTS dorms are way nicer than this dump."

I looked back at her, shocked. "N-no, that's not why I was looking around. I just feel so comfortable and relaxed; I am trying to figure out why. This is no dump at all" I laughed "I just didn't know what to expect, I guess."

She shrugged "Oh well, this is me. I don't get to spend much time here, anyways. Mostly to eat, sleep and shower."

I took a sip of my coffee. "Oh, do you go out often?"

She scoffed "I wish. Between being on set for you guys, and basically coordinating our entire Seoul branch, the only 'out' I go is to the pharmacy sometimes to get energy drinks" she paused and looked at me "but please don't think that I am complaining. I honestly love what I do..."

I looked at her while she was talking. Her grey hair fell in loose waves onto her shoulders and down her back. Her mesmerizingly big, green eyes were lined with black winged eyeliner. She sported a red bandana in her hair, wearing it as a bow and drew attention to her perfect pout with red lipstick. Her red plaid shirt was buttoned up and tucked into black, figure fitting ripped jeans.

I always knew you were a foreign beauty, but yeoja, you look breathtakingly stunning tonight... You are...

"Earth to Jimin" Laine snapped her fingers in front of my face "is my conversation boring you?"

"I was just wondering why you invited me here" I said before I could stop myself. Shit.

"Oh" her gaze fell to her brown Timberlands "because, I uh, well, get it, you know?" she suddenly looked up at me with a serious expression "I know what it feels like to not feel good enough" she held my gaze "and I figured if you wanted to talk..." her voice trailed and she looked away.

I suddenly felt a pang of guilt in my chest. You look so sincere, and I can see sadness lingering in your eyes too, Yeoja.

"I know I'm not internationally famous, or anything major like you, but I am human just like you. I have feelings just like you." She placed her cup on the coffee table in front of us and slumped back again and sighed, "I know what it's like to not be perfect."

I shook my head in disagreement, "how can you say that about yourself? Have you seen your beauty? You are out of this world, yeppeun yeoja!" (pretty girl)

"Out of your world, Jimin" her big eyes stared into mine again, "I am pretty much obese by Korean standards...I am not feminine enough...I am too tall...I have crooked teeth" she smiled "just an all-round weirdo, with stretched earlobes and too much makeup, you know?"

I had no idea you felt that way.

She pulled a funny face and pouted, "And yet I continue to look the way I do."

Suddenly I felt shy. I couldn't hold her gaze anymore so I looked away. I didn't really know what to say to that.

You do look totally different from the women here, but that makes you so unique.

"Korea and their beauty standards can be harsh sometimes, hey?" I offered with a sad smile.

"The entire world can be harsh on your appearance, Jiminie" she leaned closer to me and placed a hand on my cheek, "but there's only one person in this entire universe that matters when it comes to those things."

I looked at her hand on my cheek, appreciating the warm comforting touch. "Who is that, Yeoja?"

Laine moved her hand and slapped me on my forehead, "Yourself."

You make it seem so easy, to just be comfortable with yourself. I don't know what that feels like.

"Laine," I moved her hand away, holding her fingers between my own "...you gave me new perspective on things, and I will honestly try and not let those things affect me."

With one perfectly arched eyebrow raised, she said "Uh huh," still looking skeptical.

"Will you help me?" I asked hopefully. I sound so pathetic.

I don't know if this is just an excuse to spend more time with you, or if I just need help.

"Jimin," She sighed "I can praise you, or help you all you want, but the key is to accept and love yourself just the way you are" she made a little finger heart and added "you don't see me changing because of what others think" She winked.

"It is very admirable of you, Yeoja." I meant it.

"Of course it is!" her eyes lit up "So, when you feel insecure, or think negatively about yourself, think of me instead," she moved her hand and touched my hair, tucking strands behind my ear as she continued "I mean... if you can think I am beautiful with all my flaws, then accept the fact that I think you are beautiful, and hopefully that would make you smile."

She kissed my forehead before retreating back to her slumping position.

"And hopefully we can get you to believe that of yourself one day. I know it does not happen overnight." She flashed me another smile. "I'm going to have a midnight feast now, care to join me?"

I laughed as I allowed her to lead me to the kitchen. I didn't even realize that I was starving until Laine stuffed an Oreo in my mouth.

I savoured every moment I had with her. She was definitely an underrated beauty in all areas. I can't remember when last I had fun like this. No expectations, no demands.

Laine eventually fell asleep on my shoulder as we were watching a movie.

I pulled her into a tight hug and closed my eyes.

In that moment, I wanted to do nothing more than to protect Laine from everything bad that was ever said to her, to take it all away. 

I want to be just like you, yeppeun yeoja.

You are perfect.