viii.

❝FRIENDS

FRIENDS.

BOTH boys were silent for a couple of minutes after jeongguk asked the question. taehyung bit his lip in confusion and then dropped his hands beside him.

"i dunno... i can give you a house tour maybe? i don't have anything interesting right now... but you can stay here for dinner if you want! i have dinner prepared for you if you want some!" taehyung exclaimed.

"y-you can cook? like... actually cook?" jeongguk asked in disbelief. taehyung giggled and bobbed his head.

"i can cook. i've been learning to cook when i was 15. i didn't have any maids back then and now. i have to get used living alone. plus, i sometimes get scared here and i just get so... terrified that i don't even realize that the demon inside me was starting to grow..." taehyung said.

jeongguk smiled softly when taehyung started to frown. he was quick to say, "hey... i can be your friend from now on. i promise i won't leave you. now you can be invited to sit with me and my friends for lunch. i'll sit with you in class. i'll be your seatmate."

taehyung's eyes started to water and he sniffed, "a-are you serious? i-i can be your f-friend from now on? w-what if your other friends don't like me? w-what if they started to hate me?"

jeongguk stepped closer towards taehyung and hugged him lightly. jeongguk could feel taehyung's tears falling onto his shoulder and wet the material.

after a few minutes, taehyung's sobs were now quiet and turned into sniffs then and there. the older slowly pulled away from jeongguk and wiped his tears away.

"m' sorry... i have never found someone very nice to me... a-anyways, i'll lead you to my room... it's pretty far from this room so... just tell me when you're tired from walking." taehyung stated. jeongguk nodded and followed taehyung out the room, taking a quick glance from the room before closing the door shut.