vii.

❝EXPLANATION

EXPLANATION.

TAEHYUNG took a deep breath and exhaled as he was starting to think on where to start his story. taehyung thought about the time where he accidentally read a piece of paper with a chant on it.

"well, i got my curse around the age of 15 years old. there was a piece of paper laying down on the table in this private room that i can only access at the moment. the room is full of... books. it's just full of books." taehyung stopped as he took a deep breath again before continuing, "my parents left me when they found out i read the cursed paper. they left me at the age of 17 and left me alone in that stupid mansion i'm living right now." taehyung stopped and jeongguk hugged him tightly.

"let's go to your house ya? that way you can explain it more clear since you have the... evidence," jeongguk whispered soothingly to taehyung's ear. the older nodded and stood up, jeongguk following suit. they both walked slowly towards taehyung's so-called "mansion" as they heard the rustle of the trees.

jeongguk stared at taehyung whose hair was blowing in different ways because of the wind. his skin that is kissed by the sun's ray. jeongguk stared at taehyung lovingly but as soon as taehyung turned his head, jeongguk turned away.

"jeongguk, can you promise me one thing?" taehyung asked to which jeongguk nodded. "please don't be afraid when i turn into the angel... i don't want to scare you just because of that."

jeongguk smiled softly and said, "of course i won't. and i'm sorry for being a piece of shit when i first met you. the way i acted is just so... shitty and i'm sorry for that."

taehyung giggled, the deep honey voice ringed in jeongguk's ear. he was mesmerized by taehyung and couldn't stop staring at the older. jeongguk knew that one day something bad was going to happen but he wanted to be there with taehyung if that bad thing did happen.

taehyung caught the younger staring and immediately blushed. jeongguk saw the redness of taehyung's cheek and he grinned cheekily.

"you're blushing?" jeongguk asked playfully.

"n-no! why would i?" taehyung answered while stuttering. jeongguk smiled wider when taehyung stuttered. the older caught the smile and saw how jeongguk resembled a bunny.

jeongguk opened his mouth to say something but taehyung beat him to it by saying, "we're here!"

jeongguk stood there in shock as he saw how big taehyung's mansion was; and also the fact that taehyung lived there by himself.

"holy shit... how big is this house?! and you live here all by yourself? unbelievable... and people thought that you were poor." jeongguk muttered. taehyung giggled before his face confronts into a frown.

jeongguk took notice of the frown and asked, "what's wrong?"

"it's just... i have never gone inside the private room with someone before and... i'm scared that you're going to freak out and run away from me..." taehyung sadly said.

"i won't and i promise that. now are you brave enough to show me the room?" jeongguk asked and taehyung nodded hesitantly.

the older unlocked the gates and opened it wide enough for him and jeongguk to fit before closing it back again. taehyung guided jeongguk through the pathways and unlocked the door before closing it back again when both boys were inside. 

jeongguk stood there in shock again just because of taehyung's house. it was so fancy. jeongguk was shocked as he saw what the insides of taehyung's house were.

"if you're done gawking at my house, do you want to go to my private room?" taehyung asked in a teasing tone. jeongguk shook his head and then followed taehyung to the private room.

the front door to the private room was the only thing that's very different from the house itself. the door is very old and looks... ancient.

"please don't be scared of me when i show you the paper. i won't make you read it since the curse might get to you. i'm the only one that can read it at the moment and uhm... i won't do that." taehyung said and took out a certain key to unlock the door. 

once the door opened, the door opened to a full library. there were so many books and each of the books filled the spaces of the shelves. right in the middle, there is a table and there lays the cursed paper taehyung was talking about.

the paper was intriguing to jeongguk which made him unconsciously stepped forwards to read what was on it. taehyung saw and acted faster than jeongguk and quickly snatched the paper from the table.

something inside jeongguk seemed to snap and his eyes widened in realization. 

"i'm so sorry. i didn't mean to. i don't know what went wrong with my mind. it just went black and-" taehyung quickly smiled, cutting jeongguk of.

"it's ok. that's the paper's fault. believe it or not, the paper makes your mind go blank, making it set the victim easily. there was no one there to help me. i couldn't stop myself from reading the paper. my parents weren't home the time i read the paper and then everything was too late. the books surrounding us right now are books about witchcraft, spells, or curses. books have been my only friend my whole entire life and no one wanted to be friends with me considering that everyone calls me a freak." taehyung snorted.

jeongguk felt bad for taehyung as to when he remembered the first time they met. when taehyung noticed the guilt on jeongguk's face, he immediately spoke.

"oh no! not like that! i didn't mean it like that! i didn't refer to you at all! i just wasn't thinking straight before and- shit..." jeongguk's eyes soften when taehyung started rambling because of him.

"it's ok tae... i don't mind... now what do we do?" jeongguk asked.