iv.

❝SHOCK

SHOCK.❞ 

JEONGGUK stood there in shock as he saw who the mysterious boy was. he stood there as if he saw a ghost and instantly gasped.

taehyung, who was to busy sucking out people's lives, turned around and widened his eyes. he got caught and there is a very high chance that he's going to be executed.

"s-shit... i got caught..." taehyung thought as he saw jeongguk standing there with his eyes widened.

taehyung tried to fly away but jeongguk quickly called out to him.

"taehyung! come back here!" jeongguk yelled and chased after taehyung. the said boy halted in his steps, his breathing uneven.

taehyung's back was facing jeongguk's front, his wings very visible towards jeongguk. the younger was scared but he started walking towards taehyung.

"taehyung... talk to me... i won't report you to anyone. i promise you. i will not report you." jeongguk whispered softly. taehyung's eyes started to water but he didn't turn around. 

he was scared. he was scared that jeongguk was lying and that he has cops surrounding him. he's scared because he doesn't want jeongguk to see that he's dangerous to be with. 

he's scared that jeongguk will kill him.

"taehyung, please. i promise you. i don't have anyone with me. i promise you." jeongguk pleaded.

taehyung took a quick look around his surroundings before turning towards jeongguk. the said boy gasped as soon as he met taehyung's face.

he looked dead. he doesn't even look like the boy he usually sees in school. it's a completely different boy.

"please. please don't. i don't want to get reported. please. i'd rather die than being in jail." taehyung whimpered as he got onto knees.

"no, taehyung. you don't understand! i'm bringing you back to my house. i don't live with anyone currently so i'm taking you in. i'm not going to hurt you. promise." jeongguk muttered. taehyung looked at jeongguk mischievously.

"you think that i'll go in with you without killing you? what kind of monster am i if i don't kill you?" taehyung chuckled darkly. "tell me, jeongguk. do i look alive to you?"

"y-you are in a h-human form..." jeongguk answered nervously.

taehyung chuckled before he leaped onto jeongguk, who fell onto his back onto the pavement. the younger let out a pained gasp and looked at taehyung.

taehyung's demeanor changed completely and has a smirk plastered on his face. jungkook whimpered in fear as taehyung's face drew nearer to the younger's face.

suddenly, taehyung's smirk started to fall and his eyes widened, the wings in his back starting to disappear.

"o-oh my god..." taehyung muttered and scooted away from jeongguk. jeongguk let out a breath that he didn't know that he was holding in.

"i-i'm so sorry! i-i didn't mean to- i didn't want to do that! i-i'm so sorry!" taehyung sobbed and hugged his knees. jeongguk could only look at taehyung with a look of pity.

"taehyung it's ok. i wasn't even scared?" jeongguk said, more like questioned.

taehyung let out a breathy laugh which has no feelings in it. "i know you're lying. i could see the fear in your face. it's evident that you're scared of me now."

jeongguk gave taehyung a small smile. "i'm not. and i'm sorry for being so mad at you in school before... i guess i could make it up to you by just bringing you to my house. you could sleep there. i can provide you clothes."

taehyung was quick to decline the offer. "no thanks. i'd rather not bother you. besides, my house is near here."

jeongguk could easily tell that the kid was lying but he didn't want to force taehyung. "ok then. i'll see you tomorrow?"

taehyung smiled before getting up slowly and left. jeongguk too got up and got inside his house.

"holy shit." was the only thing he could say