Chapter 5

"Park Jimin, you really did it" Chae slammed the car door. "Don't you dare hit my baby" Jimin warned patting the door.

"Your baby?! Then good!" Chae opened back the car door and slammed it more harder making Jimin ran through his hair. He had never seen a woman like that in his life.

"We're getting married in two months. I'm so excited!" Jimin started his engine while looking at Chae's reaction. "Aren't you happy getting married to me?"

"What do you think?" she bit her bottom lip and looked out the window of the car. Jimin didn't know that she was crying silently feeling the sharp pain on her throat.

"I know you're not happy about it but I promise you I'll try my best to be the best husband in the world okay? Anyways, you accepted my b--"

"Stop talking about the bet! I was wrong! I wished I never met you Jimin. You're just going to make my life more worse" she finally looked toeards him teary eyed.

"Can't you see that I'm already hurting because of you? I'm tired dealing with this life full of shit" she pursed her own lips making it into a thin line. "Let me prove it to you okay?" Jimin still insisted carrying on with the marriage while she said nothing.

~~~

"Good morning black eyebags!" Jennie grinned sitting next to Chae who was resting her head on the table. "Jennie, I'm getting married"

"What?!" she hitted her so hard making her wince. "What the fuck?" she cursed hitting her back at the head. "You know this brain is needed to be a neurosurgeon! We both know that!"

After arguing, Chae told her the whole thing but Jennie's reaction was not she imagine it would be. "That's awesome! He's totally handsome and maybe you can be a great match!"

Chaeyoung side tying up her hair into a bun. "I don't love him. You know who I like right?" Chae smirked seeing Jennie's 'Are you fucking serious' face.

"He has been in Japan for almost 3 years and he hasn't came back. Don't you think you should move on as well?" she shrugged her shoulders leaving the room while wearing her doctor's robe.

Jennie followed her from behind, starting to annoy her. "Listen Jennie, he said to wait and I'm waiting. We would be a couple when he comes back so I'm definitely sure I could stop this marriage!" she raised her voice making the interns look towards them.

Jennie shooed them away and resumed working. After working, Chae went into her office taking out her robe and sat on the table looking at the last picture of the boy she liked before he left.

He was her senior at the neurosurgeon department but now he's transferred to Japan due to personal reasons. He was the one who started calling her Rose because the flower suits her so well and every time he sees roses, it reminded him of her.

'Please come back early before my wedding. I want to be with you...' she thought. Suddenly, her thoughts were distracted by the glass door knocking. It was her intern Yerin.

"Sunbae, someone is looking for you downstairs" Chae rolled her eyes and knew who was coming so she packed up her personal things and went out the office.

When she walked out from the elevator, she spotted Jimin taking pictures with some juniors of hers. "You! Get back to work!" she scolded. They ran right after they saw her because she's also known as the tigress in their hospital.

"You don't have to get mad at them"

"I'm not mad. I'm just doing my job as a senior" she bumped into Jimin's shoulder and exit the building looking for where he parked his car.

"Come" he grabbed her wrist and walked. "Don't touch me!"

"Just stop playing hard to get" Jimin groaned and let go. Chae was grinning in success making him fed up with her. After minutes of following him, she felt really tired. "Where did you park your car? There's so much parking space in this hour yet you wanted to park far away?" she complained taking a rest on the bench.

"Exactly. I didn't bring my car" Chae walked up towards and pinched him on the nipple. "Fuck you. Mom told you to pick me up yet you're telling me to walk?!"

Jimin shrugged his shoulders bringing Chae to a stall. 'My favourite Gimbap!' Chae shrieked in her heart as Jimin ordered one for her. "Thank you~" she thanked eating the whole thing up as the old lady laughed.

"Jimin, she is really pretty than the previous one" I looked towards his direction seeing him smiling however his eyes tells me everything.

"What about her?" she butted in just wanting to know. 'I have to know who he really is before I marry him'

"You don't know? Aigoooo! She left him for another man and called off the engagement!" the old lady pitied and gave him another cup of Gimbap for free. "It's in the past. She's probably happy right now with that... lover of hers. I was wrong too and that's why I quit singing" he replied to the lady who was having a sad expression.

"You were wrong? What do you mean?" he smirked looking at Chaeyoung who was already interested in his love life story.

"Well, I usually keep it a secret but since you're my future wife, you must be honoured" he joked but it wasn't even funny. The old woman from before left them to have their privacy.

"So, it was four years ago. We were loving each other unconditionally so I proposed to her. She accepted the proposal so I already had everything under control. I mostly handled all the wedding plans just to make sure it's perfect. Then, that one night when I came back from work around 3 am, I saw clothes on the floor so I picked it up thinking she was exhausted. However, I had my suspicions when I saw a man's blazer on the floor so I walked in the room seeing them making out"

'Is he joking or what?! He literally spit it all out without having a change of expression! Sucks to be him. I feel you Jimin' Chae nodded and waited for him to continue.

"I asked her why she did it so she told me that I occupied my time with work. I was a workaholic back then because of fanmeetings, live concerts and whatsoever. When I cancelled the marriage, I quit working as a singer for 4 years"

"Then why are you doing a comeback? Why are you taking the risks of marrying me even if you don't know me? I might be like her" she spoke out without thinking; hurting his feelings hearing her say that.

"I can't miss an opportunity marrying you" he took out his wallet placing a 20 dollar bill on the table leaving Chae clueless that he was disappointed hearing those words from her.

'At least get my hopes up Chae. You could've said you'll try to be a good wife for me.. Uh, what am I thinking? She hates me'