44. Girl Talk & Revelations

Dinah's POV

"Okay...Spill...It!" I screech at the top of my lungs as Camila walks back into our dorm around 6:30 in the morning.

She puts on a lazy smile and shuffles over to her bed, slumping down onto it as she kicks off her sneakers and shrugs, while smirking at me.

"I already did." She winks.

"Ew Mila. You know what? Nevermind. Spare me the details." I wave her off as I turn back over to face the wall. I hear her snickers from the other side of the room. "Wake me up when you've found your chill again mk?" I joke.

Lauren's POV

After Camila had left, I was up for good. We slept for a couple hours after our little "session" but without her beside me, I couldn't focus any better than having her away from me. I must really be in love with that dork.

I'm extremely exhausted from all the events of the last 24 hours that I could just sit and stare at the ceiling all day. If I had the choice, my mind would be full of nothing but Camila and I, Me and Camila. But of course, something always has to snap my mind back into the reality that I try to escape sometimes.

There was a loud pounding at my door followed by Demi's voice.

"Open! Open! Open! I'm only knocking because of last time but I am NOT leaving because this is extremely important." Her voice was full of urgency and panic all at once. I furrowed my eyebrows as I walked over speedily to my door and flung it open.

"Lauren..." She starts. I raise my eyebrows and wait for her to continue. "Miami State Rehab and Mental Lodge just made a courtesy call to my phone." She continues. My eyes widen at the mention of that place, that place we had been to several times to try and patch up things with my forgotten roommate and friend.

I step aside and she took that as a sign for her to slowly make her way inside the room and take a nervous seat down on my bed. I followed her actions, looking down to the floor and bite my lip in fear and anticipation of the next words that could come from her mouth, so I beat her to it.

"She's alright, right? Nothing happened to her?" I say frantically. She places a hand on my shaking one and looks at me with a sympathetic smile.

"She's fine Laur, trust me, but..." She starts as she rubs my arm up and down for a brief second, trying to collect the right words in her head before speaking once again.

"She's lifted her whole no visitors policy..."

I look up with shock crossing my face and a glint in my eyes, almost a hopeful one.

"...and she requested to see...you." She finishes, almost flinching at her own words, like the burned coming from her mouth. I shake my head, not understand but completely understanding at the same time.

I pointed my shaky finger towards myself with my furrowed eyebrows and now unsteady breath, trying hard to make words come out of my mouth, only failing.

"M-me, sh-she wants t-" I breathe heavily before shaking my head, hoping the words will come out after a second attempt at rephrasing myself.

"Why?" Was all I managed to get out fully.

"They didn't say...which kind of creeped me out to be honest. They just said she asked for you to come down...today." She mumbles.

"TODAY?!" I scream, finally finding my voice again. I shake my head. "No. No no no no no. I can't face her again...and especially not today." I say with absolute fear in my tone. "She hates me. Why would she want to see me all of a sudden?"