15. Taking Sides?

Camila's POV

We continue the dinner in a very uncomfortable silence as Keaton ignores us for the rest of the night, but I always seemed to catch him stealing glances at Lauren, and I see her smiling at him a few times.

What the hell? I mean, I get that she has no clue what's going on, but I also know that smiling at the guy I just screeched at probably isn't what she should be doing right about now.

I can't understand why he's even here. He used to swear up and down, that he'd make it into Harvard, and I had hoped that he'd be anywhere...just not here.

I knew it would only last for so long. It would only be so long before bits of my past come back and catch up with me soon. I knew I couldn't live in peace and bliss at this new place without seeing at least one old face. One old burden. One old struggle I had attempt to overcome. Being face to face with Keaton again brought back old memories that I had fought so hard to try and keep tied down in hopes that one day, I could forget...but no.

As Lauren and I finished up and began to pay for our food Keaton once again approaches us.

"I'm sorry to disturb I just have to pick up the bill." He says shyly.

"Here you go." Lauren hands him the check with a smile, after she signs it.

He takes it and looks down at it, he looks back up to Lauren and smiles. "Thank you very much, Ms. Jauregui." He winks before heading in the other direction.

I give a frustrated sigh and lift myself from the table making a rather hasty get exit from the place. I hear Lauren's footsteps behind me at a quick pace.

"Camz, wait. Wait up!" She yells. I turn around not meeting her eyes and staring at the ground. "What?" I ask.

"Look...I don't know what that guy did back in high school...but Camz you can't let it get you down now. Its all over. You have to move on from it." She says out of breath from chasing me down.

"Move on?" I cross my arms and finally stare into her intimidating stare. "What do you think I've been doing since summer started? I'm not one to wallow in my own self pity, but it doesn't really help that that's all I've had to put up with since freshman year, okay?" I raise my voice.

"He really seemed sorry Camz. His apology was so sincere, I just--" "YOU JUST WHAT?!" I cut her off harshly. "Why are you sticking up for him? You don't know him, or what he's done! You're suppose to be on my side here." I growl.

"Its not about sides Camz! Why are you so upset? You're letting this make you so angry inside! You shouldn't even feel like this anymore, he's sorry!" She retorts.

"And as you just said...you don't know what he did back in high school! So stop fucking protecting someone that you don't know!" I point back to the diner, referring to Keaton with every gesture I make.

"Camz just--" "NO. We shouldn't be having this discussion right now! We should be in your dorm, mine...I don't know, doing anything else BUT this."

I don't know what had snapped in me...but in that moment...I said something I regretted. It left my mouth before I had time to filter it.

"You know what, just date him since clearly don't give a flying fuck for my feelings." I wave her off and walk away.

I felt her arm reach out for me and almost capturing my hand before I pull it out of reach.

"Camz, I just wanna help--"

"Mhm, yeah? Well don't." I spat before running in the direction of my dorm. I heard her call for me. I heard her try catching up to me, but I'd only run faster.

It was so dumb of me to think that I had someone on my side for once...

Ally's POV

"Please guys...I am begging. If you play another Beyonce song I will literally lock myself in the bathroom and have a nice good cry." I plead.

"DRUNK IN LOVEEEEEE! WE BE ALL NIGHT!" They sing in unison. I hate to admit but they actually sound pretty good.

I clap at their wonderful performance and then sigh.

"If you guys would've sucked I would've shoved pencils in my ears." I laugh. "So its movie night. Let's see here..." I say reaching into my bag. "From redbox today I obtained 'Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2.', 'The Fault in Our Stars' & 'A Haunted House 2'." I say pulling them out.

"Aw let's watch The Fault in Out Stars!" Normani jumps onto my bed. "Na, I'm not in a 'cry my eyes out' type of mood. A Haunted House 2 shawty." I shake my head. "...I'm for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs." I sigh.

"Ugh. Okay, where's Mila? She's the tiebreaker." Normani throws her hands in the air.

"I don't know, its getting late, I'll just ca-"

We heard some keys and a door slam on the other side of the suite. And clanking that sounded like something being thrown against a wall.

We rush over not even looking at each other and pushed through the door. We see Camila, sitting against the wall, with her hands covering her knees which were up against her chest as she looked up to us with tear stained cheeks.

Her shoes were lying on the floor a few feet away, one against the wall and above, a light dent to where she obviously threw it. She looked back down to the ground as she moved her hands up to her hair, entangling her fingers in them and sighing heavily.

"Mila! What the hell? What's wrong?" I run over to her side. She looks straight ahead and gulps. With no reply from her I stroke her cheek and try again. "Mila...come on talk to us." I plead.

"I thought things would be different here." She says quietly before beginning to sob uncontrollably.

Lauren's POV

I shouldn't have pushed her. She already on an edge and I gave her a huge push...and she lost it. I didn't let her explain what happened.

I was taking Keaton's side. I was, and I feel awful for it.

I just know how terrible it feels to have someone not forgive you...or not even have the chance to apologize.

Its terrible feeling that someone is out there with a great amount of hate in their heart because of you. It makes you miserable if you actually have a heart.

Why can't I just help her? Why can't I be there for her? I should have comforted her, held her hand or rubbed her backside. I should have been on her side, instead of butting heads with her. It wasn't a time to make suggestions on how she should react to Keaton. It was a time to get her to calm down and comfort her.

I sat in my dorm sending mass texts to Camila, calling her, leaving voicemails and mentally face palming myself for my actions.

I take out my homework and try to focus on my quiche essay but of course I just can't concentrate and throw it against the wall.

"Ugh..." I groan.

I lay down in my bed, still fully clothed and let the silent tears roll down my cheeks at an unstoppable rate. I don't bother wiping them away I just leave the be.

I lay there, wanting to get up, but end up just crying myself to sleep that night.

How could I be so stupid?