20. The Thrill

Lauren's POV

"And now we have a very incredible and lovely girl, she's really talented and I've had the pleasure of seeing her perform already, It's Lauren!" Keaton gestured to me as the few people who were there began to applaud immensly.

The crowd tonight was a bit smaller from the one in the Pizza Shack. It was an impressive size of people taken that they had just now began there open mic sessions this week. Nonetheless I was super excited to be able to go up on stage again and let out my true emtions. It was a pretty good feeling, and I took a particualr liking to the thrill of it all.

I walk onto the higher platform in the middle of the room and sit down on the wooden stool by the mic. I grab the mic and hold my guitar in between my arm and my knee as I lift the microphone up to my mouth,

"Hi everyone." I wave. "So as Keaton just said, I'm Lauren, and I'm pleased to be here tonight. I hope you all enjoy this, and I hope I don't bore you these next three minutes." I laugh, an get a few giggles form the audience. I made an acoustic rendition of "The Thrill" by Miguel, hope you like it." I say before swiftly puttign the mic back on the stand and adjust it to my liking. I start to strum my strings an bob my head to the rhythm I'm producing.

Can you roll down a window?

I just wanna feel the wind blow

in my face...

Cause these moments come one blink at a time

That's why I never wanna close my eyes...yeah.

I can feel the riot in the air tonight

The kind of trouble you can taste

Camila's POV

I really do wish I was watching Lauren's performance instead of standing here with Austin until this stupid fountain lighting started.

I rock back and forth on my heels as I wait impatiently for something to happen, anything. I look around an see a few antsy and wandering faces. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one wondering what the hell is going on out here. I look over to Austin to see he's been staring at me the whole while.

"You okay Mila? You seem a bit...uncomfortable." He says nervously. I raise my eyebrows and shrug. "No, I'm fine. Just a bit hungry." I lied. He smiles a small smile as he nudges me playfully. "Don't worry, we'll go grab a bite after this is over if that's fine with you?" he asks with a hopeful tone.

Great. More time with him, and less with Lauren.

I jus nod silently as I look back towards the fountain, hoping for someone to start this and put me out of my misery.

A tall and slender man soon inches towards the steps leading up to the fountain and taps the mic rather loudly, sending vibrations through tthe entire courtyard and hurting a few ears with that. He clears his throat into the mic.

"Excuse me, sorry for the wait...our lights aren't quite working with us tonight. Uhm sorry to inform you but we have to do this some other night. Sorry for the postpone, we hope we didn't waste a lot of your Friday night. You may all return to your dorms, or whatever you do on weekends." The man chuckles before heading back down thr steps.

A few groans and glances were exchanged between the students that showed as I found one face in particular, Ally's. She was with Troy and she looked at me and giggled before mouthing "Sorry...behave!" and walking off with Troy hand in hand. I roll my eyes playfully. I turn back to Austin who had a rather smug grin before saying "Well, I'm a bit bummed about the lights but, now I guess we can go get you some food now. Any places you wanted to go specifically?" He asks putting an arm around my shoulder.