35. So Close...

Camila's POV

"Kaks, are you leaving again?" Sofi pouts, pulling my sweater. I sigh and pull her up onto my lap as I stroke her hair. "Yes Sofi, I have to." I say in an apologetic voice. "I'll miss you." She buries her face into my sweater and wraps her arm around my neck. "Hey hey, what do you do when you miss me?" I remind her. She picks up her head and points to her new stuffed panda that's seated not too far from us. "I squeeze Panda Mila." She says. I smile widely, pleased with the name she gave the panda. I nod and kiss her temple. "That's right princess." I give her a big squeeze as the doorbell.

"Mija! Lauren's here!" I hear my mom yell. "Okay I'll see you very very soon Sofi. I love you." I kiss her cheek and she returns the gesture. "I love you Kaki." I gently place her on the ground and walk over to my mom who's standing in front of the door having a conversation with Lauren. "I'll see you soon mami! Tell papi I'll see him too! I love you." I say giving her a big hug. "Stop by soon huh mija?" She says still embraced in my grip. "Of course mami. See you soon." I breathe out, finally releasing my grip on her. "It was nice seeing you Lauren! You stop by again too!" She yells out to us as we make our way to her car. "Of course Mrs. Cabello!" Lauren yells back with a wave.

Lauren takes my bag and places it in her backseat, before opening the door for me. "Well aren't you sweet." I smirk stepping into her car. "How can I not be to such a wonderful girl." She winks, shutting my door and running over to her side, she jumps over the car door instead of opening it. "You just love to do that huh?" I giggle. "Just to make you laugh, no one really looks cool doing that." She admits. We buckle up our seat belts and head off to campus.

"Have a good time at home babe?" She asks still focused on the road. I nod and put on a genuine smile. "Actually yeah, it wasn't as heart wrenching as last time. I still miss life back at home but I'm starting to finally settle into the college life." I say proudly. "That's great, did Sofi like her stuffed animal?" I chuckle a bit. "She squeezed it almost 100 times last night. I think she does." I say. "How about you? What'd you do last night?" I ask. "Thought about you actually." She replies. I turn to see her smirking a bit.

"Oh really?" I raise an eyebrow. "What were you thinking?" I cock my head to the side. "Just about how cute you were and stuff..." She trails off. "And stuff?" I quirk up an eyebrow. I'm still intently staring at her, now highly interested in what she's talking about. Even though it's getting darker outside, I can clearly see a blush creep up on her cheeks. "What type of stuff?" I ask. I hear her gulp. "Ya know, just stuff, stuff I had to...relieve myself of after thinking about." She thought she muttered the last part so I wouldn't hear but I got the perfectly well. I just nod and smirk as I look back to the road in front of us.

We arrive back at campus in the next 10 minutes and Lauren helps me get my bag out of the car, as we then walk up to her dorm. As we reached her room, she set my bag down and pulled off her leather jacket and Doc Martin's. I kicked off my white converses and went to wrap my arms around her waist since she had been facing the other way. She slightly jumped as my arms came into contact with her but eased into my body soon enough.

"Well someone missed me." She teases. I gave a simple 'mhm' as I breathed in the sweet smell of her vanilla shampooed hair. It clouded my mind and actually quite aroused me for some strange reason. I sat there, holding her from behind with my eyes closed, inhaling and exhaling deeply with a faint smile on my face.

"So you wanna watch a movie or something?" She suggests, snapping me back into reality. I can sense the unsteadiness of her breathing and I spin her around to face me. I look into her emerald eyes and see that they're quite darker than usual. "...or something." I answered while biting my lower lip and staring at hers. She chuckled lightly and raises an eyebrow. "Have any ideas?" She said in a raspy tone. I put a finger on my chin and pretend to ponder an answer to her obvious question. "How about you kiss me and I'll let you know if I come up with anything." I smirk. "Oh your wish is my command." She laughs.