6. Wrong About Being Wrong

Lauren's POV

Demi looks back at me a little hesitant & surprised with Camila's sudden arrival at my dorm but with a small comforting smile on her face. The door only cracked open so Camila hasn't even seen me yet.

I wave my hands in front of my face a mouth 'no' repeatedly to Demi. There's no way I'm letting Camila see me like this. And I wasn't ready to face her, especially after what I just saw.

Demi gave me a stern look before turning back to Camila and nodding. "Yeah she is, come in." She waved her inside my room.

Camila shyly waved at me while she took a few baby steps into the room. Me being the mess I am at the moment could only conjure up a lazy smile as I look down towards my fingers and play with them nervously.

"Eh hem." Demi clears her voice. "Well I was just leaving...it was nice to see you again Camila." She puts on a warm smile and starts to back out of the room.

I send her a face pleading her not to leave me here alone with Camila. She puts her fingers up in the air and does a typing movement mouthing for me to text her later before she fully backs out of the dorm closing the door shut, and leaving the two of us in eminent silence.

Camila's POV

I knew what I had planned on doing. I knew exactly how I planned for this to go. I'd chase Lauren down, find her. Then express what I wanted to say earlier before she ran off, and ask her on the date she wanted to offer me.

I had planned the great works of a smooth criminal. Only problem being that I'm not some smooth criminal. I'm a klutzy weirdo who's standing in front of this gorgeous green eyed beauty, who I FOLLOWED to her dorm, and now I'm the one tongue tied.

I step a few centimeters closer and took a deep breath. Not all that ready to go into the subject I came to unravel, I start with something else.

"So...pretty close with your RA?" I put out as more of a statement than a question.

She took a second to accumulate my words before shrugging in a bored manner.

"Yeah...she's more than an RA to me. She's basically my best friend here. Not too be the loner who's freakishly obsessed with their room advisor or anything we've just really clicked since last year." She belt out.

Me being surprised by how much she let out to me right then, I raise my eyebrows and then look back to the floor.

"And...um not to be rude or anything but, how'd you know where I was?" She asks with a bit of hesitation in her voice.

My head snaps up to her noticing I still haven't explained why I'm here or how I got here specifically. I start to think of what exactly to say. How do I explain just randomly showing up at her dorm?

As I make the most awkward face as I try to formulate words.

"Uh...I...um...I saw you uh running out in the courtyard. So I followed you?" I managed to say.

Her face a bit surprised to my confession as she raises her eyebrows slightly in shock.

"And trust me, I am not the crazy freak of a stalker that that sentence made me seem like." I lightly chuckle to make light out of this thick and intense feeling in the room.

She slowly nods and looks to her left towards the wall before playing with a few strings of her hair, her hands a bit shaky.

I sigh in an attempt to steady my breathing before I continue.

"So I guess I'll just save myself further embarrassment and explain why I'm here...which should be equally as embarrassing but I've been through plenty of these moments within the last 48 hours eh?" I giggle hoping she'd meet my gaze, which she hesitates to do so.