Chapter 2

Arnav looked out of the car window when it entered the premises of Shantivan (Raizada Mansion), his home. The warm feeling of coming back home once again filled him. As the car entered the front porch, he saw his family standing there to welcome him.

As soon as he got out, he was took in bear hug by his sister. Smiling he hugged her back. Followed by his sister, his Nani and Mami also hugged him. From the corner of his eyes, he saw his sister hugging Sheetal. Once again he felt the bitter feeling in his mouth. But he shrugged it away. It was not the time for this.

Finally he was back to home, to his family. He just wanted to spend time with them. Sheetal can wait. After hugging his Mami, he looked at everyone. Everyone seemed to change a bit. His sister looked more colourful, not that she wasn't so before. But now she looked a bit extravagant. An expensive designer Saree paired with heavy jewellery and the make up, she looked as if she was going to attend a party.

Unable to control his curiosity, he voiced out his thoughts, "Di, are you going anywhere?"

"No Chote. I am not going anywhere. I will be staying at home itself. Today my Chote came back home after five years. Where will I go leaving him." She said smiling.

"Then this dress..." He trailed off not knowing what to ask.

"This dress. Isn't beautiful, Chote. I bought this dress with matching jewellery last week when I went to buy some dress for casual wear. Isn't nice. I have bought a few similar ones for casual wearing at home." She said smiling widely.

Arnav gaped at his sister. This heavy designer dress and jewellery is for casual wearing at home. Like seriously. Who wears this much heavy dress and jewellery at home. What happened to his sister? How come her dressing sense became so much worst. But he didn't voiced out his thoughts. He didn't wanted to become the victim of his sister's emotional drama the next minute after his arrival.

Next he looked at his Nani (Maternal Grandmother). She looked weak, pale and sick. She looked aged all of a sudden. Gone was that dominationg aura of hers. She looked weak by her demeanour.

He smiled at her and softly asked, "How are you, Nani?"

She smiled back at him and slowly nodded her head.

Then his eyes fell on his Mami. If there was anyone who didn't look changed was his Mami alone. She still looked as her old self. Heavy Designer sarees and jewellery, heavy makeup, cooling glass, same to same. He smiled at her and then nodded.

But before he could meet anyone else, a little body collided with him and a pair of arms wrapped around his waist. Looking down he saw Arav hugging him. Though he felt strange seeing his overaffection, he was about to reciprocate the hug when his next words made him freeze at his place.

"How are you, Dad? You know I missed you so much." He exclaimed loudly.

Arnav stood numb at his place. Did he just called him, Dad? Like what the hell? Anger surged through him. How dare he call him Dad? Who the hell gave him permission to call him Dad? Only his kids have the permission to call him Dad. Only his and Khushi's kids. He gritted his teeth. Already his mother was a big headache for him, now he also. Why is this mother- son duo hell bent on ruining his happiness.

Gritting his teeth, he almost spat, "Excuse me. Did you just call me Dad."

Arav's smile dropped hearing his tone. He looked at Anjali who closed her eyes as if saying something.

"I am sorry, Da... I mean ASR." Arav said slowly.

"But why did you call me Dad." He wasn't ready to let go of this matter. Already he had enough problems in his life, he didn't want to add to it by being ignorant to things happening around. Already he had done that mistake once and still he was suffering because of that.