067

I took a few steps forward

I took a few steps forward. I heard the footsteps a little closer now. I had nowhere to hide almost. The rooms beside me were locked or had no outlet to. I stood against the wall waiting. After a few moments, I noticed their footsteps even closer. And closer.

I couldn't hide forever. I set my sword to the side and I walked out of the hallway into another hallway. I saw two silhouettes. One was a tall one and the other was almost a foot shorter. I came closer to them and they saw me.

It was a man and...Eleven. Her hair was slicked back and she wore dark clothing. She noticed me immediately. Her dark almost blank eyes lit up almost.
"Eleven," I whispered.

"Charlotte," she whispered back. The man looked confused as ever. He didn't know who I was. And I didn't either. It's been so long since I've been in Hawkins.

I made my way to her and she slowly embraced me in a hug. It was short because it looked like she was in a hurry. "What happened?" I asked them.

"The...Upside Down," El replied.
"We need to close the gate," the man said. We then heard screeching sounds. We quickly turned to where they came from and the man lifted his gun for protection.

"We need to get going El," he said.
"You have to go, bad place," El said to me. They both walked away from me. I don't know whether I should have gone with them or run. But I ran instead. I ran out of the lab as fast as I could. For Billy.

He was in danger.

I ran to his house, but a part of me decided to run to my house. It feels like I was gravitated to the neighbors home, The Byers house. I kept running, but I then felt a force hit me and knock me to the ground. My mind felt foggy for a moment and I had a hard time getting up. It was like it was pulling me down. My body then felt cold unlike before where my suit was warming me up from the cold November air. And then all the sudden, it went away. I stood up and ran to the Byers home.

I stopped in front of their doorstep. I remember this home. We would spend Christmas here. I glanced at my house from a distance. It looked the same as I last found it. I opened the door and I found four kids staring right at me and three teenagers whom I knew right away. It was Steve. I noticed Steve had red bloody bruises on his face. The four kids were confused, especially the redhead girl. (PS; after they went into the tunnels and burned the inside, and Nancy and Jonathan are with Joyce and Will at El's cabin)

"Who are you?" A kid with curly hair asked me. They all were dirty looking and there was muck all over them. It smelt bad in there. Saltwater, burning ashes, cigarettes, a lot of unpleasant odors. I also noticed the walls are filled with blue wallpaper, from the floor to the walls and part of the ceiling. It was a wreck.
"A friend. Of El," I replied.

"You know El?" A kid with black hair came forward. I knew him as Nancy's younger brother. His name was Mike. I nodded.

"I...am her sister," I said. I lifted my forearm and showed them the number on my arm. 009.
"Who are you?" The curly haired boy asked me.
"...Charlotte?" I said.