038

Location; Atlanta, Georgia
July 7, 1984 (Day 17)

Location; Atlanta, GeorgiaJuly 7, 1984 (Day 17)

I decided to stay in with Frankie and Leah on the bus during the concert

I decided to stay in with Frankie and Leah on the bus during the concert. I wanted to concentrate on the song I was writing. And I think Frankie would have rather stayed here since he's grown a bit tired of hearing the same songs and the loud crowds cheering. His wife Cleo is also here and an hour in since the boys left, she told us she would order pizza.

Every time one of the boys would order pizza, the pizza would always taste different. They were all good but they all had different flavours. One of them had red circles, and another one had yellow specks. I think it was pineapple.

I was seated on the booth, Leah was on the sofa and Frankie was across from her while Cleo was next to him. Frankie was holding a large piece of paper in front of his face and Cleo and Leah were quietly talking.

There were only three small lines on my paper and I couldn't think of any more. I slowly was growing frustrated. I tried searching for the small radio for some music but I noticed that it was on the top shelf on the other side of the booth. I deeply stared at the radio and with the motions of my head, I turn the radio on. I turn it up just a little louder.

Frankie noticed me and he shook his head, he then goes back to his newspaper. Cleo and Leah were a little scared by the sudden noise. "What was that?" Leah asked us. Frankie shrugged his shoulders and Cleo said, "Yeah, I don't remember having the radio on,"

"I think the radio lost some...signal on the way here and I think it's starting to work. That radio is trash, and the only one that has survived this tour." Frankie replied. He gave me a small smile and I smiled back with a small nod. "Oh, yeah. I've heard stories about that radio before." Leah laughed.

"One time it caught on fire, so we had to evacuate the bus immediately," she explained to Cleo and they both shared a laugh. I guess it was before I came that it caught on fire.

-

Frankie sat across from me in the booth and whispered, "Richie told me you were writing a song, is that true?" I nodded, setting my pen down.
"I just...can't think of...nothing," I said.