033

Location; West Hollywood, California

I drove down the traffic jam in order to drop off Max at the arcade

I drove down the traffic jam in order to drop off Max at the arcade. I hate traffic so much. I get frustrated and it makes me want to slam the cars in front of me.
"Man, I don't want to move back to Hawkins. That place is such a shit hole." I growled. "Actually, I can't wait. I'm already sick of California." Max replied with her arms crossed.

"Sure, you'll want to leave within the first week," I remarked with a laugh.
"Well, it's not my fault we're moving there. It's your fault, you don't want to," she said.

"I know why you don't want to move there." she continued.
I scoffed, "sure,"

"The climate wouldn't bother you. Going back to your old house wouldn't either. But...seeing all your old friends would. Because they will have their own friends that replaced you-"
"Shut up, okay!" I harshly interrupted her. "You wouldn't understand. You will never understand, why? Because you have no friends."

"I bet I'll make more friends than you when we get there," Max smirked.
"Okay," I let out a fake laugh. I make a sharp right at the intersection and I quickly switch lanes almost cutting off a car, which scared Max. "Stop doing that!" she shouted. I laughed, raising the volume of the radio.

"Hungry Like The Wolf" was now blasting sound, muting Max's annoying voice. I decided to ignore her for the rest of the ride. Going back to Hawkins means having to encounter all of my bullies and the popular freaks. It means I have to see the large building with the satellites every day and be reminded of that night.

Going back to Hawkins means moving back to my old house. The house I lived in all my life. The house that carries all my childhood memories. Going back to Hawkins means driving past her old house and wishing she was still there. It means going to school every day and not meet her at her locker and gossip about other teachers.

I don't want to go to Hawkins because she won't be there waiting for me.

I make a hard brake in front of the arcade and Max quickly gets out. "If you're not out of here in an hour-"

"Yeah, yeah I'm walking home," she said harshly.
"Hey, watch it shitbird," I said. She closed the door and I hit the gas pedal and left.

word count; 418
and thank u for 1k votes!