060

Location; Washington D.C.

-VICTORIA-

It's been weeks since we had to say see you later to Lottie

It's been weeks since we had to say see you later to Lottie. It was hard to see her go and not see her for another few months. When I first saw her, I became scared. She looked just like me and I thought I was so unique to everyone else. But I shared a twin, two twins.

Somedays I forget James is my twin. I find him like my older brother. He was born before me. But was Lottie born before me? I have so many questions to ask my mother but I have been hesitant about it.

All she does is dismiss those questions and says something else. I wish she would answer my burning questions. I know a lot of Lottie's side of the story. She grew up in Hawkins and she had parents who took care of her and loved her. But once a year they would take her to a laboratory and she would perform a series of tests and then live on her normal life.

She lives in a pretty lonely place. A few neighbours and that is about it. She had a best friend named Billy whom they've been friends with since kindergarten I'm assuming. She was the only child.

She also told me that she wasn't the smartest in school nor the most popular student. But she tried her best to get the best grades as possible. She got braces and had to get them twice because they accidentally took them off too soon the first time. Her best friend also got them around the same time but he had a shorter span than her. I have no idea why I'm naming basically every fact she's told me.

When she was here, I would buy buckets of ice cream and junk food for her so she can gain some weight because she was almost stick and bones but when she left I noticed her a little healthier in size. I gave her almost all of the dresses that hardly fit me anymore.

Deep down I miss her presence. She was a little hard to get used to but she opened up to me and I did the same and so did James. James is always closed off with everyone besides me, mama and his boyfriend. He's always been like that. He was bullied for liking things out of the norm. Kids liked toys and cars. He liked drawing and collecting cassettes.

I walked down from my room and onto the kitchen. I saw my mother in the kitchen. She was preparing dinner.

"Hey, mom, can I ask you something and please answer, can we sit, it may be a long conversation,"
"Yes," she replied. We sat at the dining table.
"Why did you leave Hawkins? Lottie is from Hawkins so we must've been born there," I said.
"I..." she trailed off.
"Personal reasons," she replied with no emotion whatsoever. 
"Whatever happened to our father? I need to know," I asked softly.
"He passed away before you were born," she replied. 
"I know, but why was he drinking and driving when you were pregnant with us? Was he an alcoholic?"

"I...have has been lying. I know, it's just for you're own good, He died of a car crash but he wasn't under the influence," she said.

"I was in a project called MKUltra. We were put in psychedelic drugs and we floated on sensory deprivation tanks, and I did it while I was pregnant with you three. And...every month they would check me up on the scanner and inject something to keep you three protected, but it was a lie. They were injecting something else, I still don't know what it was. It only affected Charlotte. She received a lot of it so that is most likely why she has the telepathy powers. The day of the birth, I was in the hospital and your father was on the way down from work and he never came. The lab...killed him, he had an accident. So I had to go through the labour alone. James was born first, then you, and then Charlotte,"

"The thing about Charlotte was that she wasn't breathing so we had to perform CPR on her and help try to revive her. They took her to another room while I had to recover and a lot was going on. A few hours later, they came and said that she was pronounced dead. But for some reason, I seemed to have heard a baby cry from the other room but I brushed it off, maybe another baby. She was then given to other parents and they never told about her being alive. She was the only one out of you three with the psionic powers."

"I spent a few years after you were born mourning and depressed. I lost touch with his family and I wasn't able to get back to my island because I couldn't take James with me. And I wanted you all to have normal lives and live somewhere far from what I experienced at Hawkins," she said. It bought shock to me. My mother experienced so much pain and she didn't know my sister was alive.

I went forward to hug my mother and she received it lightly. I thought my life was boring and simple, but really it wasn't. It was messy and unique and there was a lot of things going on. It also brought some irritations to me knowing that my mom never told me about another sister. I wish she told me earlier. But my mother is just as closed off as my brother.

This is why my mother hasn't dated anyone ever. It's only ever been me, James and her best friends. There was never a paternal figure in my life. My mother played both roles. She had to work to have a roof under our heads. She sacrificed everything for us to have it all. Some days I don't appreciate my mother much. She is such a strong woman and she deserves the world.

"I'm gonna call Lottie, I haven't talked to her today," I said to her. She just nodded.

word count; 1055