051

Location; Washington D.C.
August 17, 1984 (Day 57)

Vic told me we were gonna go ice skating. I didn't know what it was but I think it'll be fun.
We were in a place filled with white flooring. It was also extremely cold here. It

"C'mon, get into the ice! You won't fall," James encouraged me

"C'mon, get into the ice! You won't fall," James encouraged me. I was afraid to fall. The ice rink was empty except the three of us. The music was playing low but enough to hear the song.
"C'mon Lottie it's my favourite song!" Vic exclaimed, pulling me onto the icy floors.

I'm sure you'll understand my point of view
We know each other mentally
You gotta know that you're bringin' out
The animal in me
Let's get physical, physical
I want to get physical
Let's get into physical
Let me hear your body talk, your body talk

I immediately felt myself lose balance. I kept hold of Vic and she slowly guided me through the ice. I kept my eyes down to my feet which made me look kind of an idiot.

It was a school night. Almost every kid was there. Ice skating, having fun, eating concession food. My mom didn't want me to go since she was scared I would get hurt but I convinced her along with Billy. Jonathan didn't show up since he wasn't very fond of school activities.

It was the winter of 6th-grade year.

Billy stood up from the bleacher and said, "Do you want to skate? It won't be bad," I was sitting next to him watching all these kids falling and laughing with their friends.

"I don't know how to, what if I fall and get hurt? My mom doesn't want to get hurt," I replied, I also had a broken wrist so I had a black cast on my right hand.
"I promise you won't fall," he said.

"But I will,"
"I'll make sure you won't, don't worry," Billy grabbed my hand and dragged me up to the front for two pairs of skates.

I was getting a little better at the whole balancing thing but I still find it challenging to go a little faster like Vic and James. They both were professionals at this. Vic told me that she and James were in an ice- skating competition and they won 2nd place. But they've done it every single and some years they were even champions.

I saw Vic do a trick that involved jumping while spinning and landing on one leg

I saw Vic do a trick that involved jumping while spinning and landing on one leg. "That's so cool-" I then lose balance and fall on my side by accident. The floor was like touching an ice cube with no way to grip it whatsoever.

"Here, grab my hand for some support," Billy held out his hand and I took it. Billy wasn't the best at skating either so it made me feel a little better.

"Aww, Billy is holding Charlotte's hand. What a beautiful couple!" A few girls I knew said out loud. They all laughed. I looked over at Billy and he had his head down for some reason.
"I think..I can do this without holding your hand. I don't want more people to think we're together. We're just friends," I said kindly. I let go of his hand.
"Yeah, definitely," he scratched the back of his head nervously.

As soon as we let go of each other, I lost balance and fell. Billy let out a small laugh.

"Don't laugh!" I giggled. I lightly kicked the back of his calf and he ultimately fell also. "How dare you?" he said with fake shock.

I stood up and I gave a smile to Vic and she smiled back. I then continued to skate with Vic and James.

After we skated we ate pizza for dinner and went back home. I was now able to call something home.

word count; 651