041

Location; San Juan, Puerto Rico
July 12, 1984 (Day 22)

Location; San Juan, Puerto RicoJuly 12, 1984 (Day 22)

We entered a large aircraft

We entered a large aircraft. It was awfully windy and the sun was scorching hot. I was slowly sweating through my leather jacket. And I could tell the rest of them also were.
"Guys, we need a group photo," someone said, holding up a camera. I was standing next to Jon at the bottom of the stairs, I heard him groan and so did everyone else. It took them all forever to get in a semi-good position. As the photographer was positioning us, Jon asked me, "How's the song going?"

 As the photographer was positioning us, Jon asked me, "How's the song going?"

I nodded, "Good

I nodded, "Good."
"Can't wait to hear what Tommy and Gina got in store for us," he smiled.
"Besides being dead for four years," I whispered to myself. Jon didn't hear what I said which was nice.

"Okay, we're done!" they yelled and we all exhaled at the same time, rushing into the ac filled craft. We entered into a cold breeze with felt really nice. I removed my jacket and I kept on my black tank top and baggy pants Jon lent me. I still wore the same purple boots.

I sit across from Richie by the window seat and to the seat to my left was empty but Jon was on the other seat

"Have you ever been on a plane?" Richie asked me. "Plane?"
"This is a plane,"
"No." I simply replied.
"Are you nervous?" he asked. I shrugged with a small smile.

I suddenly felt the plane move. I quietly gasped at the sudden movement.

"What's happening? Richie? Jon?!" I gasped softly. I was breathing heavily and we were going fast. I tried removing my seatbelt, I was growing anxious by the second. "Jon!"

"Charlotte it's okay, we're taking off," Jon unbuckled his seatbelt and sat next to me.
"What is that?" I still said with a panicked look.

"We're in the air!"
"Why aren't we on the bus?" I was breathing heavily. 

"We can't go to Puerto Rico by bus, it's not possible," Jon replied. He placed his arm around my shoulder and I would usually pull away but I didn't this time. It felt kind of comforting.

"How long are we in here?" I asked him.
"Six hours," Richie replied. He was leaning forward, I could tell his seatbelt was sinking into his stomach.

"It's going to be okay, don't worry," Richie placed a hand on my knee. I nodded.

-

After six hours of being in the air, we finally arrived at Puerto Rico. It was dark out and so we saw small lights here and there. Richie was asleep and Jon was quietly strumming a guitar. I spend a little bit of time writing my song but most of it was spent talking to Jon.

I learned a little bit about him. He was a janitor before he became a singer and his mother was a playboy model. He was also from New Jersey which I don't know where that is but it was in the USA.

-

We head into a hotel and they check us in. I end up in a room with Jon and Richie. It was a room with two beds so I had one for myself and Richie and Jon shared one. We found our room on the second floor and Richie jumped on the bed and passed out. I was the second to fall asleep because the night light was on when I passed out.

At some point, I think I heard someone tell me, "Goodnight," and a small kiss on my cheek.

word count; 599