Chapter VIII

************************************
#It's been a looong time🎶
Without an update🎶
And I'm so so sorry for making you wait for this long 🎶 (Charlie Puth's voice)#
Hunn🤔
It sounded better in my head.
Sha guys I'm really sorry for making you wait. I know it's been long, i got caught up in some stuffs. My sincerest apologies & thanks for being patient.
So, here we go…
********************************************

Those Who Believed And were Fearing Allah

For them Are Good Tidings In the Worldly Life And The Hereafter.

  'Qur'an 10:63-64.

The chirping of the birds and the bright morning light coming through the curtains woke me up.
   I stretched and stood from the bed, rubbing my eyes and walking straight to the bathroom.
   I finished my shower and dressed myself in my new sowed attire.

I checked my phone and I had no messages.

'Ooo, I am so much loved' I thought sarcastically.

Today, being the 10th October marks another day for an older me, but not a single person has called or texted me.

I looked around the room and everything was in order, except for the bed. So I made it and headed to Baba's parlor.

"Ina kwana Baba" I greeted.

"Old woman, how are you?"

"Dad! I'm just 22, i'm not that old. I'm not even old sef" I pouted.

"Ha! Keep deceiving yourself. Am even seeing grey hair oo"

"Dad!!"

He laughed hysterically at my reaction.

"Ha'an, the birthday girl is awake" that was Anty Ruqayya.

"Anty Mee good morning".

"Afreen how are you?"

"Good Alhamdulillah"

"Happy birthday dear. Is it just me or are you getting more beautiful"

I blushed "Dad, that was what you were suppose to say to your princess, not tell her that she's old".

"I'm not gonna say anything ooo"

"Afreen I made breakfast for you, specially for the birthday girl" Anty Mee said.

"Awww thank you soo much. You're the best" I stood up and hugged her, then went for my food.

I enjoyed every bit of my chocolate pancake with banana toppings and lemonade.
After breakfast, I went to my room to be met with Zynurb's and Fareedarh's call, with tons of messages from friends and family, all wishing me a happy birthday.

Guess I was loved after all.

I called Zynurb first.
"Hey girl".she greeted. "Happy birthday"

"Thank you so much"

"I'm really sorry I called late, was kinda sick that's why".

"It's ohkay"

"I can't make it to your place either. Can we reschedule for another time?"

"Yeah, sure. Don't worry about it. We'll go out when you're much better, so get well soon".