even like this |e|

requested by DelightDolan1

summary : in which your best friend decides he'd rather take care of the girl he's madly in love with than go to a college block party.

'No no no!' Your mind cried out before another throat killing cough racked through your bones.

You came down with a crazy cold and it was not doing you well at all.

Laid on your bed was wadded up tissues from all the sneezing you've been doing.

Your head pounded with all the sinus pressure, your body ached and you felt like you were going to freeze to death and to make matter worse you looked like death.

The sickness was so bad that you couldn't make it to your classes at all today.

You messaged Ethan, your best friend friend and also your seat buddy in diagnostics class for the notes and work from today's class.

"Why didn't you just come to class today? Are you ditching?" He messaged you as a joke.

You decided to just call him to tell him to bring the work since your whole body hurt so much, having no strength to type.

The phone rang and you heard Ethan's chuckle on the other side of the line.

"Did my little rebel ditcher sleep in," he joked around making you simply roll your eyes.

"No, I'm sick, just hurry up and come," you took a break to cough, "you have your extra key, I gotta go," you barely got out before hanging up.

An hour passed when you heard the door open.

'Please Be ethan please be ethan' you prayed as you looked around for a weapon just in case it wasn't.

Foot steps grew closer and you held onto your tissue box, ready to throw when Ethan peeped through your door frame.

You let out a breath and laughed, "thank god," your voice was scratchy and almost difficult to understand due to your stuffy nose.

Ethan had a look of concern but he continued with the jokes.

"Well you look like shit," he commented making you reach to the side to throw your pillow at him which thankfully he wasn't quick enough to dodge.

"Shut up," you rolled your eyes with a small smile.

"I have the notes," he put his back pack and two bags of what looked like groceries down.

"Did you decide to go shopping for food before you came?" You laughed as he put the notes on your desk.

"Yup," he grinned happy with himself.

He proceeded to pull out tissue boxes, cans of soup, medicine and heating pads.

"They're for you."

You smiled softly at Ethan, always appreciating what he does.

"Thank you," your voice cracked.

What baffled you however was when he took the soup and told you he was going to watch you tonight.

"But I thought you were going to the block party at the frat house," you tried to get up to stop him from cooking your soup.

"Hey hey get your butt back in bed," he held your shoulders and softly laid you back down on the bed.

"I'm taking care of you tonight, no ifs ands or buts," he said before leaving to cook you some soup.

You sighed as you lay back down, hating to hold your best friend back from a party that he really wanted to attend.

After about 15 minutes he came back into the room with the soup and a towel.

"Sit up carefully," he said before taking a seat next to you on the bed.

"Open up," Ethan smiled as he began to spoon feed you, wiping the soup off of your cheek here and there.

The sound of the show 'friends' played in the background as you enjoyed the warm soup, making you feel a little better.

You didn't notice how Ethan looked at you with adoration.

His eyes big and full of love as he watched the girl he's been in love with since the 5th grade, seek comfort in him.

After finishing the soup, Ethan left to go wash the dishes as you changed the show to a Disney movie.

Ethan came back to see you cuddled up in all of your blankets, eyes slowly drifting off to sleep.

Not even Hercules could keep you awake.

He let out a small chuckle and he walked over to you to sit down on the bed and stroke your hair.

"Ethan?" You mumbled snuggling over to look at him.

"Hmm," Ethan asked sweeping the hair out of your face.

"I'm sorry you missed your party because of me," upon hearing the sadness in your voice he took your cheek and smiled.

"You're more important to me than some party, my number one priority."

"But you could've met some cute girls," you tried to joke despite hating the idea of him with someone that wasn't you.

"Oh (Y/N)," he sighed lying down next to you to look you straight in the eye.

"Screw cute girls, your my best girl, and your much more beautiful than any girl I would find at a party," He slung his arm around your side pulling you close.

"Even like this?" You refereed to your sick state.

"Even like this," he smiled before kissing your forehead softly.

So I applied to more places and I'm stressing I just need a job 😂😂

Also requests are closed right now and I will do all the requests given to me just please bear with me since I'm very busy 😂

But how've you guys been ?