-24-

UNEDITED

Darkness.

Darkness is all I see as I open my eyes and take in everything that surrounds me. I am laying in a cold cell that is old and dusty, it must not have been used for years. I try to stand but I feel weak all over. That's when I look down at my leg and I notice the long silver chain secured to my ankle, my hands fly down and pull and yank at the chain. A sharp pain runs up my arm, I look down and my arm which is purple and swollen at the elbow. That's when I remember. It must be broken by my kidnapper. I sigh and lean back cringing at the pain, I look back down at the chain that is locked to my ankle.

The chain is unmovable.

It is secured. Tight. I cry out in pain as I try to pull my leg back trying to make it less tight. No luck.

I give up, flustered and lean back against the cold stone walls that surround me on all four sides, the only glimpse of the outside world, a small rectangular window that seems to be about 10 feet above my head. Across from me a large door that I assume leads out into another dark hallway.

I close my eyes and Jasper floods my thoughts; tears run down my cheeks as I remember the warm feeling of him being by my side. The tingles of his arms surrounding me. Keeping me from harm. I let out a sigh, wondering how many days I have been down here, I try to hear anything.

Suddenly, I hear the footsteps, they are quiet but there. I scoot into the farthest corner making myself as small as possible. If I remember anything from what Jasper has told me about the Rogue clan, it's that they are dangerous.

The footsteps get closer and louder, echoing off of the deep hallway walls, I am consumed with the notion that today will be my last day alive.

Small whimpers escape my lips just as the door to the cell opens. I am surprised when a petit woman walks in, she's wearing white pumps that are the cleanest shoes I think I've ever laid my eyes on, then she has a navy-blue knee-length skirt on that hugs her hips tightly, a white t-shirt tucked in. She seems important. I have to blink twice when I take in her stark white hair, that cascades over her shoulders and down her back, it reaches almost down to her butt. Her blue eyes twinkle as she looks me over. A wide grin takes over her face.

"You sure are beautiful..." she sighs, "I really did not believe my boys when they said that they had found the perfect girl, but to my surprise here you are..."

She walks over to me and crouches so that her head is level with mine, I move back further into the wall, lowering my head so that I am not looking into her piercing blue eyes. Her perfectly manicured hand reaches underneath my chin which is she forces up to meet her gaze. Her hand then travels along my jaw, squeezing in some places, her eyes are quizzical as she analyzes me. Almost as if she is looking for any flaws. Her hand reaches into my knotted hair which I think must look hideous on top of my head. She takes a strand and brings her nose to it and sniffs.

"oh yuck" her nose bunches up as she looks back at me, a look of disgust written all over her face, she sighs, "sad. You still smell like them" her grin turns into a pout.

She's mocking me. I glare at her, "what?" I grunt out, my voice comes out scratchy and weak, it's the first time I have spoken since...

She laughs, "My dear, you impress me, although there are things that can be fixed, for the most part, you fit all the categories. We just need to wash you" she gets up and turns to leave, "we can't have you smelling like a wolf from that pack now can we..." Her sparkly eyes are all I see as she slams the door closed and leaves me in complete darkness.

What was that, who was that?

My thoughts swirl as I catch my breath, tears welling at my eyes, I feel helpless. Lost. And so alone. Missing Jasper is a feeling I have never felt before, not to this extreme. The deep feeling of feeling lost in a void of emptiness. When we were together, even if I wasn't physically next to him, I could still feel him, that warm tingling feeling would run through my blood and into my chest, like an extra push. But now it's just cold.

And I want to fall back into him.

Dorians POV

Jasper has been gone for days, he ran off after Rose disappeared, he said he would follow her scent and went off. He sends Emery short texts every two days to let us know he is not dead but other than that there has been nothing.

"Where could she be, we've searched everywhere..." Rose's mom paces the floor, her hands in her hair as she circles the room.

"We could maybe try the outland borders again?" Emery pipes, "I know we've already looked there extensively but she has to be out there somewhere, that is the only known place for the rogues to go!"

I slouch back in my chair, sitting in the corner. In the room are Emery and Avery to the far-left wall. Roses mom and stepdad who are quietly whispering to themselves in panicked tones, and then me.

There has been no sign of Rose, it seems as though she has completely disappeared.

My phone rings and cuts through the stark silence that envelopes the room and everyone look up and rushes over to me. I glance down in shock to see Jaspers's name pop up.

I answer the phone waiting for his voice to come on.

"Dorian?" Jasper gasps, he breaths loudly into the speaker, so much that we can barely hear him.

"Ya were here, all here," I say quickly.

"I've got one." He says quickly, and then there are muffled voices in the background, the wind cutting off any clarity.

My brows furrow together, I look up in confusion at the group surrounding me and shrug holding up the phone. Avery takes it.

"Jas, can you speak closer to the phone?! We can barely hear you; it is cutting out. Tell us where you are!"

"—I—in---Th—east—oods—ome-qu-ck" his voice comes back in, worse than before,

"I found—Rogue"

Then the call cuts out completely.