-7-

|Ignore bad spelling and grammar there is a ton! ♥️|

The mysterious ebony-haired man holds up a cage his eyes lifting up to meet mine he looks at me expectantly. "You work at the clinic right?" His thick Romanian accent clear and thick, a hint of American filtering through. I quickly nod my head not fully understanding. "My cat, she's sick and I don't know what's wrong so I was wondering if you'd be able to help"

"Um... sure okay follow me..." I motion with my head in the direction and begin walking down the trail once more.

"So you just moved here?" I say, attempting to make a conversation.

"You could say that," he says.

I turn my head to the side to take a quick peek at his face, his sharp features make my knees weak, his face is so pale that the contrast between his eyes, hair, and face is evident that he's not human... at least not fully.

As if feeling my gaze on him he turns to look at me but I avert my eyes quickly to look down at the dirt ground. After a while I still feel his gaze on me and turn to confront this creep, but when I turn to look at him he's gone.

I feel a cold gust of wind hit my exposed mark and quickly bring my thick curtain of hair to cover it, maybe he saw the mark...

I look down and the cage containing his cat which is situated on the ground in front of me, I hastily grab the handle and lug the cage all the way to work.

-
-
-

I place the cage down onto the front desk and try to catch my breath.

"Wow, a Bombay! It's been a while since I've held one of these beauties... where'd you find her?" Liz asks me taking the cat out of its cage.

"Some new residents have moved to town and one of them stopped me and asked if I could help his cat who has been sick" I explain, telling Liz everything the strange man told me.

"Weird he didn't come too," she says.

I nod "he was but then he just sort of disappeared," I say, not fully understanding it myself.

"Anywho let's get this little guy checked out" she coos rubbing her head, the cat beginning to purr.

Liz brings the cat into the backroom to check her while I organize my stuff pulling things out of my bag once done I begin walking to join Liz.

"Any news on what's wrong with her?" His voice pops out of the blue.

I turn to face him, I stare at him in amazement my gaze falling on the bell over the front door, it didn't make a sound when he came in.

"It might just be broken," he says, before shuffling over to leave against the desk, he slumps against it and runs a hand through his ebony hair, "so did you figure out what's wrong with Jett" he mumbles not bringing his eyes up to meet mine.

I stare amazed at his inhuman characteristics, his sharp jawline excellently carved to perfection, the way his coal-black hair swoops in front of his eyes making him seem more disheveled than he actually is.

He clears his throat which pulls me out of my stare, my eyes flicker to him, and I open my mouth to speak, "I...  um no we haven't found out anything yet... Liz is checking her out in the backroom" I state.

His eyes widen to glare and a sneer forms on his perfect face, "I thought I told you to check her" his husky voice says as he walks even closer.

I step back and stumble losing my grip on the side of the desk, a second later I tumble back plummeting towards the tiled floor before my body slams against the floor his hard grip wraps around my torso and pulls me back up effortlessly without any hesitation.

My body tenses up when I realize my body is flush against his own, his breath hits my face and my neck begins to sting causing me to bring up my arms and push away from him.

The stinging stops when I step back a couple of feet, I bring my eyes up to meet his now obsidian black eyes, I purse my lips and turn from him, "your cat is this way" I mutter unsure if he even heard me, I know a second later that he did because he ends up right beside me instantly, strutting flawlessly.

I ignore my thoughts as a pang of guilt fills me and I feel like I'm betraying someone.

"Hey Liz, he's come to see how his cat is doing," I say rolling up a chair and sitting down.

Liz turns and her jaw instantly drops when her eyes meet his, I clear my throat to get her attention, she snaps out of it and her eyes flicker to mine then back to his purple ones.

"Of course, come check her out!" She pipes up in her usual preppy excited tone.

He saunters over to stand beside her and she begins talking excitedly about the statue of his cat, he nods a few times his hand rubbing slowly against her soft head.

After awhile Liz says that his cat is free to go but needs to come back in a couple of days for a check-up, he nods then scoops up his cat and hurries out the door leading to the front lobby, but not before mumbling his name. Dorian.

"How did you keep his looks from me!" Liz exclaims raking a hand through her platinum blond hair which contrasts with Dorian's completely.

I smile sheepishly and shrug my shoulders my mind reeling back to Jasper holding me, I had my own Dorian anyways.

She chuckles swinging her head bald with laughter her eyes shining with excitement at this new information. We chat for a little longer until the familiar sound of the door opening sounds.

Liz slaps her hands onto her thighs and hops off the exam table and stretches her arms, "time to get back to it!" She sighs skipping out the door.

I chuckle lightly to myself and head back out behind her.

-
-
-

After a long day, I say bye to Liz who is putting all the animals away and I head out to leave.

I push open the door and a gust of cool air whooshes past me into the warm clinic, I pull my coat up higher around my neck.

Two arms reach out and grab me one wrapping securely around my torso and the other covering my mouth, I let out a startled but silent scream the warmth and smell intoxicating my senses.

"Don't scream it's only me" Jasper whispers into my ear.

I let out a sigh of relief and push away to look up into his golden eyes, "missed me?" I smile snuggling closer his warmth taking away the frosty cold air.

"Very much so" he mumbles against my hair and pulls me closer resting his chin on my head. "But let's get you home, it isn't safe at night especially now," he says grabbing my hand and pulling me behind him.

And for once he actually has clothes on.

-A/N-

Finally done the chapter! That took forever, I couldn't get any of my ideas to sound okay, and I felt like I needed to make it up to y'all since this book has gotten so much love in the past few days I wanted to write a nice chapter.

Sorry if it was boring it was a filler since we needed to get to know Dorian, that reminds me what team are you on Team Jasper or team Dorian?

Thanks for reading voting and commenting they all make me extremely happy😘😘

Vote and comment?

~TJ♥️