qyu | let's call a truce

noah

"i heard you slept over at emma's house the other day, what's up with you two?" hayden suddenly brings it up in the middle of our lunch. i groan, making a mental reminder to talk to emma about giving cierra unneccessary information. emma was supposed to join us, but she couldnt make it because of school. 

it's been a few days since i slept over at emma's spontaneously. i had woken up to emma sleeping with her head on the table in front of her laptop. i had carried her to bed, feeling horrible that she gave up her own bed for me. i had to leave for some interviews, so i texted her to tell her i left. 

"nothing! i just fell asleep, nothing happened. god, cierra needs to stop spreading fake news!" i exclaim loudly, making sure she heard. 

"i've got literal proof from the girl herself." she pulls out her phone and shows us the message emma sent about how i was sleeping. geez, this was why i didnt want to give them her phone number, now theyre just going to harrass me like this. 

"she's so adorable and nice, ugh i just wish she wasn't fake dating noah." maia says and i jerk my head up from my food. "why?" i blurt.

cierra rolls her eyes. "duh? what's going to happen once this whole fake dating thing is over? is she still going to be our friend or will that be weird if you're around? or, hear me out, you fall in love with her." 

"no way, you guys know what happened the last time, i don't think it's the time for dating now." i scoff. 

"cierra's right on this, she really is a nice girl. you might just fall in love with her. i mean she isn't your usual tall blonde type, but she's a refreshing change." david adds, supporting cierra. she hi-fives him and gives me a smug look.

"this isn't a movie, but talking about movies, i've got press interviews and ben is here to pick me, so i gotta blast." i climb out of the booth, giving them a cheeky smile knowing i've successfully removed myself from the conversation.

"hey dude, you really saved me." i tell ben as i get into his car.

"what did i do?" i contemplate telling him the whole context, so i just summarised it as "they were teasing me about emma."

"i see. speaking of emma, you should probably mention her, like tease information. they'll probably bring it up anyway, because of the instagram post." ben is all business when it comes to my career. he doesn't play around, as he should, but he gets things done well and manages everything. he ushers me into a room full of people when we get to the building, and i greet them enthusiatically. the interviewer introducers herself as becca, giving me a brief rundown of what the interview will be like before we begin. she leaves for a moment, telling me to make myself at home while she prepares and make sure al the crew is ready to go. i check my phone, seeing a text from emma.

emma: hey do you want dinner today? im making dumplings. 

noah: yeah sure, i have an interview soon, but ill be there maybe around 5.30 or 6? depending how smoothly this runs.

"noah, we can begin, you ready?" lara sits herself down on the couch and i tuck my phone away, sitting upwards more. 

"hey guys! im becca and on this week's episode of the rundown, we have our latest internet boyfriend with us in the studio, noah centineo!" she says excitedly to the camera and i match it up with a wave and a grin.

"so noah, tell us, how does it feel like to be the hottest teenage heartthrob?"

"it's great, yeah it's pretty cool. i actually get recognised on the streets now so thats that."