ni-ju-go | no guts

noah

i wake up with a pounding headache. i'm back in my room, alone. i try remembering what happened last night, but nothing comes to mind. fuck.

"emma?" i yell, my own voice stabbing my head. how much did i drink?

"kitchen!" she yells back. i stumble out, holding my head as if it helps the throbbing.

"i feel horrible." i groan, resting my head on the island. i feel mocha latte walking around my legs.

"tell me about it. i had to get someone i don't even know to drive us back because you got so drunk and i can't drive." she huffs. oh god she's mad. ive never seen her mad before.

"i'm sorry." i look up at her and she just shrugs.

"yeah well i'm not going to any party with you again if you're going to ditch me nearly the whole time then get drunk off your ass. it's not fun at all for me you know that right? i barely knew anyone."

i suddenly get mad. "i've spent nearly all my free time with you! we go to one party, just one fucking party that i leave you alone to catch up with my friends and you're here complaining? jesus i didn't know you're so clingy. this is why i didn't have girlfriends for a hot minute. just fuckin leave if you're gonna act this way. " i rub my head, feeling the headache get worse.

"i cant deal with you right now. call me when you're completely sober and ready to talk." i hear her say before the door slams close.

-
i havent called her.

i fell asleep and woke up the next day to a call from ben saying i was late to a script read, which took the whole day. i'm on my way home when i suddenly remembered. i didn't even check my phone the whole day.

chloe (emma's roomie): whatever the fuck you did, please call emma. sent at 5pm delivered at 11.30pm

emma: hey umm i'm sorry if i came off too clingy sent at 9am delivered at 11.30pm
emma: are we okay? sent at 2pm delivered at 11.30pm
emma: just let me know you're safe at least sent at 4pm delivered at 11.30pm

i turn my car around and drive towards her dorm as fast as i could. knocking on her door, my heart thumps as i hear her shout 'coming!'

"sorry for kee- oh hey noah. uhh what's up?" she fidgets, not making eye contact with her. her dark circles look darker than normal and she looks exhausted.

"i'm sorry for not calling, i fell asleep then i had work and i didnt have time and -"

"stop making excuses for yourself," she says quietly. "if you want to break up then just tell me, don't beat around the bush."

"wait what? emma- wait, im not breaking up with you."

"huh?" she finally looks up at me and i cannot hold it in any longer. I engulf her in a hug, which she initially doesnt accept.

"im not breaking up with you. I was a complete jerk but i'm not breaking up with you." i reassure her and she finally hugs me back.

"yeah right you were a total ass! im glad you know that! i was so worried when you didn't call, i thought you choked on your vomit or something, i dont know!" she shoves me away, suddenly flaring up and folding her arms across her chest.

"i'm sorry! i'll make it up to you baby. can i come in now?" i grin. she's so adorable when she's mad.

"you can but im holding you to your words. just because i was worried out of my mind and am forgiving you now doesnt mean im not mad at you. i know you were hungover but it still doesnt give you a reason to be mad at me and treat me like that, got it?"

"yes ma'am!" i salute her, shutting her door behind me.

emma was by far the most beautiful person inside and out and she had me whipped. that girl could literally walk around in her big torn shirt and i would do anything for her.

she fell asleep shortly after i took her in my arms. wisps of her black hair fell around her face, framing it perfectly. she wasn't conventionally pretty. she didn't have blue eyes, blond hair, high cheekbones or even a nose bridge as a matter of fact. but she was so adorable and almost squishy.

i take another photo of her, adding one more photo of her sleeping to my camera roll. i was being a creep but she was my girlfriend and that's my perk.

i open up twitter, casually just scrolling through.

user1: noah centineo and his girlfriend are goals af

user2: holy shit noah centineo is so cute with his girlfriend i can almost look past his cringe af magcon personality

user3: noah's centineo's girlfriend looks like jennie from bp and i'm gAY

user4: if emma ever leaves noah please tell her ass to HMU

user5: noah centineo ain't that cute but his girlfriend is so fucking adorable i want to put her in my pocket

user6: i'm unstanning noah to stan emma!

user7: @noahcent i still luv u

user8: i'm so soft for noah and emma

user9: wtf is their ship name because everything i think of sounds fucking bad
—user10: their names are both 4 letters that's why it's fucking difficult

user11; i want a mans like noah centineo

enews: noah centineo has been riling up the crowds with the cute pictures of his girlfriend! more in the link below!

a grin finds itself on my face as i scroll through the pictures of emma. i smile down on her life form, sleeping in my arms. how did i get so lucky?

i pull her even closer to me, wanting more physical contact. she murmurs slightly, shifting herself to hug my body more. she was a huge cuddler, and with the winter season, the body heat was appreciated.

i hated myself for flaring up at her unreasonably and she had been forgiving me so easily. she didn't deserve any of my bullshit and i didn't deserve her patience. i love you, i wanted to tell her. but i didnt have the guts to.

-

so sorry updates gonna take a while because i fucked up and there are so many plotholes and my timeline is a mess SORRY FRANS:(