Chapter 38: That special day

Hailey

There are many moments throughout life that turn into unforgettable memories because they mark a change within our lives, whether by giving a life lesson or by showing us what we can accomplish. I would be lying if I said that today wasn't one of those days. It's amazing how one second can change everything, whether for the better or for worse. Yes, it's true that today means one day closer until we all leave this place we've all grown into these past few weeks and that it breaks my heart to say good bye to certain people, but it doesn't mean that the best moments can't happen until almost the end.

I guess by now people would be wondering "what happened to make today so special?". Well, that's simple, three words. Prank Week Finale. It's not only what Bryce and I did as the finale, but what he had shown me afterwards that defined everything.

Earlier...

It's time to finally end prank week and I'm more ecstatic than ever because of what Bryce had in mind to end it. It was much bigger than hiding away all of the clothes in a shack or changing the shower water into paint with glitter. We were doing the most famous prank that was ever done only once in the past over 25 years ago not to the campers, but to the councelors. It was finally time to bring back the usual. I know that it's the one that had caused a disaster between Bryce and me in the beginning, but I guess I can admit that it brought us closer together since after that we did all that we did to end up in the isolation cabin. Perks of being behind the prank wars this year probably.

This usual is different though because even if it's very famous here since it was done towards the councelors, we needed to end camp with something much more memorable. Because of this, we had agreed with everyone to wake up at 6am to put everything in effect. Right now it was lunch hour, so it was almost time to do everything we had in mind for the councelors.

"Do you have everything?" I asked Bryce, who was wearing the camp tshirt and jeans like everyone else, including myself

"Why wouldn't I, Florida?" He smirked at me and I rolled my eyes before I looked at the ice cream plate in front of me with whipped cream and a cherry on top. I couldn't help but laugh as I remembered what I had done to Bryce in the beginning of camp with the cream and the cherry.

"Because it's you, Boston. You know, I just remembered how I had put a cherry on the top of your head after I had put whipped cream" I was laughing as I said all this and Bryce was grinning until he dipped his finger on the whipped cream and put some on my nose and my cheeks

"Yes, I remembered and that was payback. Wait, it isn't because something is missing" he picked up the cherry and put it on the top of my head before I quickly shrugged it off

"You think this is funny huh?" I asked as he continued to laugh on the table and I tried to keep my expression serious, but I couldn't take it much longer before I bursted out laughing with my nose and cheeks with whipled cream

"It was true though, I didn't need a cherry to be nice" he mumbled as he wiped the cream off my nose and cheeks with a napkin

"I guess you didn't" I smiled and suddenly we were interrupted by fake gagging from everyone on the table

"Oh, please, save that for later" Bethany teased and everyone started to chuckle in response including us

"Anyways, we have to go outside because it's time for the ultimate showdown" I said cheerfully as I stood up from the table and Bryce grabbed the iHome that was right next to him. When everyone in the dining hall saw that we were standing up, everyone followed and started to talk excitedly about what was going to happen.