Chapter 31: New realizations

Zach

Everyone might hate me for even thinking of doing what I ended up doing this morning, but even I was shocked that the thought had occured to me in the first place. I should be very honest in this and that is that I hadn't even planned this ahead in the first place. It's not as if I knew that she would mistake me for my brother when she first saw me in the morning and I don't blame her really. Everyone makes mistakes and she just made hers when she mistaked me for Bryce. And I ended up making a huge mistake when I just went along with this without noticing at first. 

So when she woke me up from my nap by saying, "Guess who?", I hadn't even realized she thought I was Bryce. I really thought that she was talking to me, Zachary Anderson, and not Bryce. To say she was pretty would be an understatement because she looked beautiful as she looked at me with her bright blue eyes that can light the whole world up, but yet again, a spang of anger surged through me as I noticed the shirt she was wearing. I guess I'm very good at hiding my emotions because I only grinned at her before replying to her.

I don't know what came over me when I pulled her by her waist so she could be resting resting right next to me, but I just let my feelings get the best of me as I pulled her close to me. Everything for me felt just right, being with her made me feel as if everything made me feel happy. Everything about her just made me feel happy. From her smile that seemed so contagious because it just made me smile, her eyes that lit up the whole world, and most of all, her personality. One way to describe her personality would be one in a million because she's just outgoing, very honest, and she cares about everyone. For other people, she might be just Hailey Witters, but for me she's the Hailey Witters. I'm not saying it as if she's a celebrity, but I'm saying it as if she's on her way to becoming an important person in my life. I just lied to myself as I thought she's on her way to becoming an important person because I think she already became an important person in my life. 

Yet again, I wasn't supposed to be feeling this way at all, I wasn't supposed to feel all of those things with Hailey Witters. And most of all, I wasn't supposed to develop feelings for Hailey Witters. All of that wasn't supposed to happen because of my brother. Since camp began, Bryce liked Hailey and Hailey liked Bryce. Even if they're not really an official couple, they seem to be all the time. After they acknowledged their feelings for one and another, they seemed to be oblivious to everyone around them. Bryce hadn't noticed anything and Hailey either, even when I was there for her on her hard times. I hid my emotions very well, but I regret doing that because this caused them both to really acknowledge their feelings for one another. Call me selfish for thinking about regretting doing that because it was my brother and not a random person, but I had feelings for her as well. He always talked about his feelings for her as if he was the only one who felt that way, but dammit, I had feelings for her too. 

I have a confesion to make though, I felt starstruck with her presence the first time I saw her on the first day of camp. I seriously think that I had already started liking Hailey at that moment when I saw her for the first time. That moment when I felt mesmerized from her was actually before Bryce had seen her for the first time. This was a little bit after we had gotten off of the bus. While Bryce was talking with Sean, Jake and James, I was getting my suitcase until I saw Hailey getting off of her bus talking with Bethany. Everything seemed to have frozen in time as I saw her and I was already mesmerized by the way she smiled while talking with Bethany. That day, I had lied to Bryce when I told him that I haven't been mesmerized by any girl's presence because if he knew then he would want to know her using his flirtacious ways. When I realized that Hailey was the girl all of the boys seemed to have put as the most beautiful girl at camp, I just knew that Bryce would be already having his flirtacious ways with her. I felt a sudden jolt of sadness as I knew what would happen and I now question myself why did I push myself back from getting to know her as well. Why couldn't I just tell Bryce what I had felt when I first saw her instead of just letting him have her? Maybe if I had told Bryce, maybe he would have let me have her and he wouldn't have developed feelings for her. She could have developed feelings for me and not my brother. I guess it's time for reality to sink in because what happened happened and they developed feelings for each other.