Chapter 20: New feelings

***Liking the story so far? Hit the vote button and comment below***

Chapter 20: New feelings

Hailey

I was excited as I got to the kitchen for the cooking lesson. Maybe it was mostly because of my "teacher". As I watched him, I noticed how even more good looking he was or more perfect. Even if he's so closed, sometimes I could see a glimpse of the real him. We both agreed to be honest and maybe open up a little bit but I just want to be slow with this because even I'm not ready to give all in... Even if it means my past. As I remembered taking glimpses of his real self, I've come to know that he hasn't opened himself for anyone and I see the fear in them. When he's closed, he's unreadable and all I see is a huge wall. I sometimes wonder what had might happened that caused him to be like that but when he told me his most embarassing moment I could tell that that was when he started getting stronger of not feeling preasured but the part of him closing up like that meant another reason. I understand the reason of his fear but for him to let that out it would be when we're both ready. I put those thoughts aside because I know better than to lose the chances of making a bond with this person I met a few days ago. I didn't want to force things on him because he's the only person that understands me and can read that deeply inside of me. No one has ever seen me like that even though I'm open minded. After all that happened today I know that we both have that desire to get to know each other better and I'll give in to that effort.

"Welcome to Chef Anderson's cooking academy. Don't sit on the chair because I won't be cooking for you. You will be for me and I will be judging everything you make. Let's start the lesson" he said in a serious tone and I laughed histerically

"What is so funny?" He asked

"You serious like a teacher" I said but then he went towards me and hugged me tight to him. He kissed my forehead and when I looked into his eyes, I could see something soften inside them but quickly hardened

"Then you wanted me to be like this" he held me in front of him and then started cutting vegetables with such speed like a pro. He then pulled me to him and started guiding me with his hand and I just tried to follow so I can do that like he does

"Yeah I don't like you all so serious" I said

"Fine, but if you laugh a lot then I will stop" he said and I almost laughed but kept my promise to not laugh

"Okay and I guess it's your first time teaching someone to cook better" I said

"I just don't have patience" he said

"I can tell" I said

"But I will hold it this once" he said

"For me?" I asked and I blushed. He made me blush all the time, I don't get it sometimes.

"Anything for you" he said and continued our lesson in the kitchen. I just felt complete with him but I yet think about how long this will last. I remember that after camp, we will not see each other and that made me sad but instead of just dreading the future, I just enjoy these moments.

I went to sleep thinking about how important moments and memories are for me. How important in life is to cherish every perfect moment we have to have something amazing to remember. I stared at the wall full of pictures after I finished putting all the pictures earlier today. I stared mostly on Bryce's pictures because I could see happiness in his eyes, like his wall was down yet I question that because there was a difference on the two pictures. I could see real happiness on his eyes on the family picture maybe the real him. The other picture though, he looked happy but not the kind of happiness I saw on the other picture like he was hiding the real him.