Chapter 23: Coming back

***Liking the story so far? Hit the vote button and comment below***

Chapter 23: coming back

Bryce

As I saw her on the floor, I noticed a blank expression on her face which worried me. I knew that something had happened and it caused her to feel really uneasy and stressed at the moment. After she left to breakfast, I stayed for a couple of minutes just with a shocked expression as I saw Brianna which was a huge reminder from the past. She left quickly but I could see a little bit of happiness in her gray eyes as she saw me. Last time I saw her was two years ago when everything went crushing down...hard. Yeah, we had a history together but ever since the last time I saw her, I've never heard from her again and I went on with my life because you can either run from the past or learn from it. I chose to learn from it. When she sat with us at the table on breakfast, she wanted to have my cookie because it was bigger than hers and then she started playing around with me.

As I looked at her now, maybe I felt happy for a second because she had that glitter in her eyes but deep down I knew it belonged to a certain free-willed person. I was about to go to her since she was sitting with her friends, but she wasn't there. I was so worried because she didn't go to camp activities in the morning but my brother wasn't present as well. That was odd. I was so out of it in the beginning of camp activities so I just went back to the cabin and watched movies. After a while, I was going downstairs probably to make some lunch or something since I wasn't in the mood of going to the dining area and that's when I bumped into a blank-expression Hailey Witters.

"Bryce! I didn't know you were here" she said surprised

"I was here for a while since a certain someone went MIA for a while" I laughed and she rolled her eyes

"Sorry" she muttered

"Sorry? I was so worried about you. I thought you were in trouble or something" I said worriedly

"I'm fine" she said and then walked past me towards the room. She almost closed the door shut, but I held it instantly and walked in

"What's wrong? You were really excited earlier today but now you're bummed and stressed" I asked getting closer to her but she didn't even look me in the eye, just sitting by the window with a unreadable expression

"It's nothing" she said

"If it was nothing you wouldn't have disappeared today" I said and she looks at me deeply. I could see a glimpse of pain in her eyes. She doesn't answer and continues staring at the window. Now I know where all this is coming from... That reminder of my past

"Is this about Brianna? You're not jealous or anything, are you?" I asked and I don't want her feeling like that because she's just a memory, nothing else

"Actually, no but bummed? Maybe. I guess I could actually see a glimpse of happiness in your eyes as you saw her. Was she someone important for you?" She asked finally meeting my eyes

"That was a spur of the moment because I haven't seen her since two years ago plus we met two years ago. She's just one of those people that can remind you of memories and at that time she may have been important but life goes on and we move on. I never thought I could ever resurface those deep feelings until I met you. That's why I like you so much" I said and after I said that, I realized that soon, the deeper feelings will come since I come to realize that I never met a person that I could feel so complete with.