Chapter 14: How could you..

I wake up to the sound of my dad laughing with someone else. I rub my eyes wearily and get dressed into leggings , oversized sweater , and put on some socks. I throw my red/brownish hair in a pony tail and go downstairs. I almost freeze when I see who my dads talking to. It's Derek.

"Amber!" he exclaims and runs over to me and hugs me tightly. I'm so shocked. "D-Derek.." I hug back and smile. "How'd you..?" I ask pulling away. "Well I moved in down the street and Michael told me before he left that you guys were related so I just the pieces together" he said with an award winning smile that always made me smile. I smile and hug him again. "So when are you gonna text me back" he winks. Wait what?!

"That was you?" he shows me the text and nods. "Again I got help from Michael. he smiled. Well thanks Michael.. "oh" I blushed and smiled. "I didn't-" I read under the text I said , it said

To Amber<3: It's Derek :)

Awh his contact name for me. I smile and blushed. "Sorry I forgot to reply" he shrugged. "It's alright love" he put his arm around me and we sat on the couch and my dad put hot cocoa in front of us. I took the mug and sipped it. "So me and him were talking and..." he said smirking at my dad and looked at me. "I have permission to date you"

I literally choked on my hot cocoa. "Amber!" my dad said with a scared look on his face. "W-what????" I wipe my mouth setting down my mug. "Is this like an arranged marriage thing??" "If you want to get married that's cool" he winks. I can't believe this. "Dad!" I then stop. I don't want to make Derek feel bad so I sighed. "My throat hurts now can I go get water" I say with a smile that I tried to make so real. My dad nods and I run upstairs without them knowing. What the fuck should I do! I have no friends to talk to about besides.. ugh might as well yell at Michael.

I grab my phone and see my texts. I smiled seeing that luke texted me from Michael's phone. I called Michael.

••Lukes POV••

I stood awake all night waiting for Amber to reply. Michael slept in late cause we were just driving all day so there's no point. My eyes start to shut until I heard Michael's phone buzz. I quickly grab it and answer it not checking who it is. Before I could even say hello I heard a familiar start screaming into the phone.

••Ambers POV••

"Michael! Why would you tell Derek my number! Where I live! and Shit! Now I'm basically forced to date him! And now that I think about it I probably have to marry him too when I'm older! It's all arranged and I didn't even fucking know! how could you do this!!"

••Lukes POV••

I stayed quiet.. She's going to date that kid?! I should of asked her out before I left.. now she can't date me when I get back.. How could Michael do that. A tear rolls down my cheek. "Michael?? Don't you have anything to say for yourself!?" She sounded like she was crying a little. "N-no.." I stuttered out. She paused.

••Ambers POV••

"L-Luke..?" I sniffed "Oh fuck.." he wasn't supposed to know. "What are you gonna do.." he said in a low sad tone. I could tell he let a few tears down his face cause he sniffed. "Luke I.. I don't know what to do. I want to be with you but-" "You knew him first and he has a special place in your heart I know.." he sighed and sniffed again. "No.. Luke I miss you and want to be yours"

••Lukes POV••

I smiled to myself. "Really?" "Of course" she said and I could tell she's smiling. "I missed your voice" I said smiling thinking of her beautiful smile. "I miss you too" she said smiling.