Chapter 2: Well that happened

I open my hazel-shit brown eyes and look up and see a bright light in my face. I groaned and looked around and noticed I was in a hospital. "What the fuck.." a nurse comes in and seems me. "Hey!" she smiles "How ya feeling?" she was a medium height lady with Carmel colored hair and brown eyes. Her smile sticks out because of her bright red lipstick and she smells like peppermint. "What happened?" I gave her a confused look. "Oh!" she sits down at the end of the gurney. "Your nurse in the infirmary said you passed out once she gave you a shot so you could fall asleep. You lost a lot of blood after you passed out the cut was pretty deep. So she rushed you to the hospital and you got stitched up."

What.The.Actual.Fxck.. I didn't know the cut was that deep! I look down at my leg and I have a medium sixed cut that was stitched together. I frown looking down at it "But don't worry! in about.. mm 2-3 weeks you'll be able to take them out and it'll look like like nothing happened . Sorta." ugh .. it's permanent? "It's just gonna be a little scar that's all nothing big" she smiled. "You get to go home once your feeling better" Home? you mean the orphanage.. "Okay.. Thank you" "Your welcome sweetie! we're just glad your ok" she smiles and leaves the room. I lay down and sigh. I don't wanna go back there. I hear a knock at the door. "Come-" it swings open and Derek charges in.

"..In" "Are y-you alright??!" I sorta smile knowing he was worried and cared "Yea I guess so" "I didn't look at the cut .. damn it I could of gotten you there sooner and you wouldn't of lost so much blood.." he looks down. "It's not your fault, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't of been able to even get to the infirmary" I smile trying to cheer him up "Please come back.. I miss you.." I looked at him shocked "You miss me..?" he nods slowly looking down. "I-I don't know.." "Are you still thinking about what happened last time.?" I nod slowly ".. oh.. well get better.." he leaves slamming the door. I guess I should explain what happened..

••4 Weeks ago••

Me and Derek walk to the park to walk these dogs Derek has to walk for his "job" he has , so I decided to tag along and hey maybe even get 5 bucks. we sit down and let the dogs run around. "It's so beautiful out here" I look up at the sky and it's about time for the sun to set. the sky was a light pink-ish , purple-ish and a hint of orange. I smiled and felt Derek's hand grab mine. I look at him shocked but smiled and held his. "Amber .. can I tell you something" he begins to get up and I stand with him. "Y-yea" my cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "I t-think I'm in love with you" he starts to lean in for a kiss. what do I do! I lean in a little bit and our lips meet. they're softer than I expected. He cupped my cheek and deepened the kiss. He then pulled away quickly and looked away blushing like crazy. "I-I have to go.." he takes the dogs and rush away. I stand there shocked. I can't believe that just happened.

••reality••

I decided to fall asleep for the rest of the day occasionally being waken up to check my stitches and having lunch. I woke up in the middle of the night and one of the nurses come in and checks on me "Hey you awake sweetie?" I nod "Okay good someone wants to see you" my OD (orphanage director) comes in. the nurse leaves and my OD sits on a stool. "Amber. you are aware you need to come back right?" I nod slowly "Good. Since you had this accident I will keep you on bed rest for the week cause you can't walk on your leg too much but just know you'll be going back to your chores next week" I nod and look down. "And tomorrow the older girls and girls your age are going to the park to go see that boy band and you can't go alone so make sure you have someone to go with." she gets up and leaves the room. thanks for the get well.. I smile and then it quickly fades. I have no friends to go with..

so there's Chapter 2 hope you liked the first and this one😄