29/ END

Alright guys, so you have to understand that I really do care about this story. And I apologize for being inconsistent with updating. I had become so busy and frankly, insecure about my writing abilities. Therefore, the ending I had initially written for this story wasn't worthy of you guys. This is why I decided to re-write this chapter and have an alternate ending that makes much more sense for their storyline.

That being said, I won't be continuing this story, but only because I'm working on another story for you guys. Hope you all still stick around! And enjoy the chapter :)

Also! Check out an AU Trailer I made of Clexa. You can find it above ⬆️ If that doesn't work, simply search up "Clarke Grffn" on YouTube.

-
Finally making it near the cave, I called out for her.

"Lexa!" I yelled, "Lexa, don't do this again!"

I was atop the cliff, trying my best to get a look into the water, hoping she'd simply be peacefully swimming.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps behind me. It was her.

"Lexa." I sigh a sigh of relief. "You had me... wha- why are you crying??"

She shook her head and said absolutely nothing. I ran close to her, holding her shoulders and staring straight into her eyes as she hid them.

"I- I'm not..." She sniffles.

"Lexa, what's wrong..."

She pushes my arms off her, "Stop..."

"You're gonna do this again?"

"Do what?!"

"Push me away!"

"You're the one that keeps p-," She wipes her tears again, slowly turning away from me.

"I don't understand what I did to hurt you, Lexa that was never my intention."

She turns around, flinging her arms into the air. "Why can't you say it?!"

"Say what?! I do-"

She just stood there, shaking and cold. I so badly wanted to just hug her, to just kiss her. But I knew there was no way she'd let me. There was no way she didn't hate my guts just now.

"Lexa, I seriously... look I just want to help."

"Just say it..."

"Say?? What?? I don't understand... Sorry?"

"No! I—"

As beautiful as the purple sky was and as calming as the foamy waves sounded, the situation was anything but peaceful.

"Explain."

"I can't! I— GOD CLARKE I NEED YOU TO SAY IT BECAUSE... because I'm too much of a coward..."

She still had tears in her eyes. Meanwhile, I could feel myself at the brink of crying. I was angry. I was confused. I was sad.

And I just wanted her to be okay.

For some reason, it was only the angry and confused part of me that shown.

"TO SAY WHAT?!"

"I LOVE YOU!" She yelled out.

I felt myself become practically frozen. I was shocked. I didn't think I'd ever hear those words from her... from Lexa. Lexa. That same girl who  walked into my class. The girl who I met in a library. The same girl that took me to my first party, who danced her heart out. The girl with beautiful bright eyes, golden brown hair, and big heart.

The one I dreamt about being with, this entire time.

Lexa became frozen too. She looked worried. I wanted to say something, I tried and I couldn't.

She explained, "I— I didn't mean to... to freak you out I..."

"Clarke?"

She began walking closer to me.

"Are you okay?"

Finally, I snapped out of it.

"I... yeah," I scoffed, "Yeah, I'm fine."

"I shouldn't of said that..." She looked down to the floor.

At this point, we were standing extremely close to one another.

"Clarke..." she said, still looking down, "it's just I-"

Then, it just came out of me. I didn't even try.

"I love you."

Her eyes came back up to face mine. A smile, slowly forming on her face.

Then, she reached out and pulled me into a hug.

"But Lexa, do you"

"I love you too."

-

Hope you liked it!! It was pretty short, but I think I covered all the bases I wanted to. I loved writing this story and would continue it if I had all the time in the world. But again, I am working on another story for y'all and I'll update you guys about that if you want.

Thank you! And like always, have a wonderful day :)