|60| a day in the office

Start from the beginning

"It's nice to meet you," I nod.

He gets right down to business by presenting Taehyung with a field of papers,

"So like you said, it seems the Lim's are moving to a different storage unit. Carmine's smuggling drugs at a 20% increase from last week, 65% of his shipments going to other gang lords and mafias to influence business deals, the scraps being left to homeless people. Word is this new drug that they've imported is called Desomorphine, AKA "Krokodil."

"Krokodil?"

"It's a hallucinogenic originated from Russia, though it holds no medical use, only abuse purposes."

"How dangerous is it?"

"...It's better I show you. We dug up video footage of a 2003 test subject. I warn you it's... Pretty disturbing."

Bogum presents Taehyung with a laptop screen, not daring to share it with the rest of the table. I find myself leaning in to steal a view of the clip.

Within seconds my nose wrinkles and cringes with disgust, the video is anything beyond horrific and traumatic. The man on the screen screams in Russian whilst carving his fingernails down his eyes, clawing them out until they're nothing but broken eggs of blood. His skin turns scaly and moulds to inhumanly colors, his gums instantly rot before he chokes on his own blood and teeth. I practically battle my brain to resist throwing up over the table, pressing a hand over my gagging mouth. The loud shrieks fill the room like foxes in the night.

Somehow, Taehyung just watches the screen blankly. Like he's seen worse.

Bogum finally closes the disturbing video, "Krokodil puts the mind in a temporary state of Euphoria, although its consequences include; blood poisoning, memory loss, gangrene, crocodile-like skin, skin ulcerations, death etc

Bogum finally closes the disturbing video, "Krokodil puts the mind in a temporary state of Euphoria, although its consequences include; blood poisoning, memory loss, gangrene, crocodile-like skin, skin ulcerations, death etc. There's more information on the drug, but I've already sent you a document and printed you this copy." He hands Taehyung a collection of sheets, to which he flicks through with furrowed eyebrows.

"Lighter fluid, gasoline, paint thinner... Iodine, hydrochloric acid...? These are all inside that stuff? Do you know when their last known shipment was?"

"Four hours ago, 20,000lbs sir." Another man states from across the table.

"Suspicious trash collectors were spotted in this location. We think they've taken their stashes of Krokodil up north, somewhere in this area."

"And the three red pins?" Taehyung points.

"These are the three possible locations of the Lim's explosives, stashes and stolen weapons within the area." The map on the laptop projects onto a board, to which Bogum stands and drags his finger around.

"North-Robinwood. It acts as the barrier between the city and country, a lot of farmers occupy here. There's also an ocean peer ten miles away. We suspect their hiding either, A) In a bunker beneath the pier. B) In an abandoned warehouse, one of which is built in a highly explosive chemical plant, or C) Distributed between multiple farmhouses."